Av Gas

Doogall227

Reaction score
Hey im just wondering if there are any negative affects of running av gas in my 2012 proclimb 800. Ive been thinking about using it as an alternative to premium fuel, any benefits? more power? give me your thoughts thanks

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Won't be more power for sure. You make your max hp running the lowest octane number that you can safely run in your engine. There really is no benefit to running 100LL in a stock engine; I'd bet you will actually lose a bit of performance and throttle response over running straight premium.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, what he said. Higher octane is not "cleaner" or better fuel. It's a measurement of resistance to detonation. Higher octane fuel actually burns slower. If your engine doesn't need it, don't use it.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a thread started a few months ago about a test for various engine configurations and it was found on stock engines that the AV gas was far worse to run. I will see if I can find the link.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it wouldn't hurt to throw a little in with each tank of prem just to be sure your getting good fuel. You never know what your getting at some of these gas stations.

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
Yeah forget what he said. Your stock engine doesn't need it, most especially at elevation, period. You will lose performance.

thekrust

Reaction score
As all have said above.. Not to mention that 100LL has about 15% lead in it still. Causes all kinds of problem with lead deposits on plugs and piston tops. I pulled one apart that had been running AV the previous winter in the fall after sitiing all summer, it was amazing how much corrosion was on the piston tops!

Top Bottom