Av Gas

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where can I find av gas around Calgary or Edmonton, and what is the average price per liter. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where can I find av gas around Calgary or Edmonton, and what is the average price per liter. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

If you are in Sundre G&L bulk in Olds sells it. Or you could try the Airdrie Airport I was talking to a guy named Leon there. His number is 1-403-818-3839. He's pretty good about it as long as you buy more than a few gallons at a time.

I'm not sure about the price as I haven't bought any in a couple of months.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is your OCTANE light coming on on your M8? If I don't sell mine, I'll be running some Av next year as well.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your OCTANE light coming on on your M8? If I don't sell mine, I'll be running some Av next year as well.

No its not at the moment, but I will be turboing this sled over the summer, and for future reference I figured I would start early on find a supplier, as well a buddy of mine is looking to get some right away to test and tune his turbo...So your Octane light has been coming even when running premium?

Last edited:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No its not at the moment, but I will be turboing this sled over the summer, and for future reference I figured I would start early on find a supplier, as well a buddy of mine is looking to get some right away to test and tune his turbo...So you Octane light has been coming even when running premium?

You turbo that thing and I'm buying one of Rene's nytro setups. If it's our buddy testing the turbo hope it works or we will be playing with matches next time..:beer::d

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You turbo that thing and I'm buying one of Rene's nytro setups. If it's our buddy testing the turbo hope it works or we will be playing with matches next time..:beer::d

As a matter of fact it is our buddy Gils is going to be taking out the IQR turbo for testing when he gets back...so maybe you should go along just incase there are any problems...lol...your great at sled recoverys now!:d:beer: And yeah the M8 is getting Turbo'd this year!:d

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a matter of fact it is our buddy Gils is going to be taking out the IQR turbo for testing when he gets back...so maybe you should go along just incase there are any problems...lol...your great at sled recoverys now!:d:beer: And yeah the M8 is getting Turbo'd this year!:d

Sled recovery I've had enough of it for awhile. Good thing it's Gils if it was JJ the matches would be coming out. Great fawk now I have to get a Nytro MCX setup ya bastich. Got a couple vids of the spot up on FB. Cheers:beer::d

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No its not at the moment, but I will be turboing this sled over the summer, and for future reference I figured I would start early on find a supplier, as well a buddy of mine is looking to get some right away to test and tune his turbo...So you Octane light has been coming even when running premium?

Yeah moreso when it was new. The pipe/intake setup seemed to cure it for a bit, but it still came on a couple times this year. It gets annoying when the sled goes into retardation mode when you're clipping through trees and need full power.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy doo :d

Not for the turbo application you don't. M8's been working great for awhile
Love to see an etech turbo and a turbo cat go at it for a couple daysbut in the end I'm thinkin if your serious about turbo there is only one choice Nytro MCX 2nd stage. I have seen them work for lots of K's with only reg oil changes. Think Rene's got 8000k on his.:beer::d

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled recovery I've had enough of it for awhile. Good thing it's Gils if it was JJ the matches would be coming out. Great fawk now I have to get a Nytro MCX setup ya bastich. Got a couple vids of the spot up on FB. Cheers:beer::d

Really your going to go with the Nytro Turbo..yeah they do work good..should be interesting next year!:d:beer:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah moreso when it was new. The pipe/intake setup seemed to cure it for a bit, but it still came on a couple times this year. It gets annoying when the sled goes into retardation mode when you're clipping through trees and need full power.

I haven't had my sled go into retard mode yet but yeah that would suck when your in a spot and you need some crazy cat power..lol.:d

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't had my sled go into retard mode yet but yeah that would suck when your in a spot and you need some crazy cat power..lol.:d

It's got me into some pretty sticky situations.... Seems like it always happens when I'm on ~45 degree slopes, usually near the top, and in no way ready to turn out. First time it happened I nearly pooped myself. Maxwell, I appreciate your advice but I need to sell mine first, and justify the $3000 separating the Etec from the Pro.

Top Bottom