automatic and semi auto guns

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure where your coming from but i'm thinkin drivers licenses are much like gun licences in canada, they are not a right, more like a privilage. ya screw up they can take it away. can't see it going that way, but we are not the USA, and that was decided in 1812.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The armed citizens of Canada and the USA will never allow our govt's to take away our guns. I'm pretty sure they know that.

It won't happen in the US however Canada will fold like a cheap tissue. First they will go for the semi-auto, then the handguns, then pump action and so on until we are left with nothing. Look to the UK or Australia for examples. On the plus side criminals will have a much better chance of not getting shot since only cops and criminals will have guns at that point.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way i see it there are 4 groups with firearms. 1 The army (can't trust) 2 the police (somewhat trust full) 3 criminal ( you can trust what they are up too) 4 the law abiding citizen ( the most trust full group of the bunch). To make a nation more safe the honest law abiding citizen must turn over his firearms. And like Imdoo'n it said most of canada agrees with this philosophy.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way i see it there are 4 groups with firearms. 1 The army (can't trust) 2 the police (somewhat trust full) 3 criminal ( you can trust what they are up too) 4 the law abiding citizen ( the most trust full group of the bunch). To make a nation more safe the honest law abiding citizen must turn over his firearms. And like Imdoo'n it said most of canada agrees with this philosophy.

You can't trust our army? What makes you say that? Our military does what our govt directs it to do. So if you mean we can't trust our govt that's different.

Turning over our guns will make make our nation more safe? Safe for who? I suggest it will make it safer for criminals and other unscrupulous groups of people like those that followed Hitler. You remember Hitler? How about Stalin, Idi Amin or Saddam Hussein?

Most of Canada agrees with turning over our guns? Can you provide us a list of those in Canada that agree with turning over our guns? I bet those that like that idea don't own them, don't have any experience with them and live in cities.

I'm going to assume that you are a young person that has no experience with firearms or knows much about human history.

Last edited:

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure where your coming from but i'm thinkin drivers licenses are much like gun licences in canada, they are not a right, more like a privilage. ya screw up they can take it away. can't see it going that way, but we are not the USA, and that was decided in 1812.

So what you're saying is that if the govt decides it wants to take away everyone's drivers licences or automobiles, (more people are killed by automobiles than guns by the way) you would stand there and let them? Do you think the citizens of this country would let them? I'm quite confident there would be bloodshed in our streets.

Read up on your rights regarding firearms in Canada here-------> RKBA. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Canada. gun ban, gun control, handgun ban, C 68, gun registry, long gun registry, handgun registry, confiscation, gun rights, self defense, public safety, gun facts, gun myths

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that if the govt decides it wants to take away everyone's drivers licences or automobiles, (more people are killed by automobiles than guns by the way) you would stand there and let them? Do you think the citizens of this country would let them? I'm quite confident there would be bloodshed in our streets.

Read up on your rights regarding firearms in Canada here-------> RKBA. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Canada. gun ban, gun control, handgun ban, C 68, gun registry, long gun registry, handgun registry, confiscation, gun rights, self defense, public safety, gun facts, gun myths

lets see, the premise of registration and licences, gives you the privilege of driving and owning a vehicle, you screw up your walking. although seems like a lot of people do it anyway. license and registration of firearms is in the same realm, registration gives the police a way of tracking firearms, license the same, hunting licenses are the same, it gives you the privilege to hunt, screw up and it is gone. getting caught can be interesting.

u are right it is an attempt to control firearms, so in your opinion we should all be packing a 45 on the hip. so far in this thread alone, there seems to be quite a few that can't keep a lid on there emotions, you watch the Hatfield McCoy movie on the tube lately. this same scenario is being experienced every day in various USA cities. they are called gangs. in Alberta we are seeing it in various native reserves. I'm thinking more guns is not the solution. although i may be wrong.

I'd like to have a 45 on the hip, could relieve a lot of stress.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One would not mind registering a firearm if they did not come along and steal them, can you imagine the whoop la if they come along and stole your ferrari because they deemed it what ever

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One would not mind registering a firearm if they did not come along and steal them, can you imagine the whoop la if they come along and stole your ferrari because they deemed it what ever

that i can agree on, i'm hoping that is not the case, i just find life way easier in canada, the police so far haven't stopped me with there guns pointed at my head for a simple traffic infraction.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lets see, the premise of registration and licences, gives you the privilege of driving and owning a vehicle, you screw up your walking. although seems like a lot of people do it anyway. license and registration of firearms is in the same realm, registration gives the police a way of tracking firearms, license the same, hunting licenses are the same, it gives you the privilege to hunt, screw up and it is gone. getting caught can be interesting.

u are right it is an attempt to control firearms, so in your opinion we should all be packing a 45 on the hip. so far in this thread alone, there seems to be quite a few that can't keep a lid on there emotions, you watch the Hatfield McCoy movie on the tube lately. this same scenario is being experienced every day in various USA cities. they are called gangs. in Alberta we are seeing it in various native reserves. I'm thinking more guns is not the solution. although i may be wrong.

I'd like to have a 45 on the hip, could relieve a lot of stress.

You seem to be talking about individual persons losing their licences/privileges for screwing up one minute then all persons because we'd all be safer the next. Are we not discussing everyone having their guns, cars or licences taken because some lunatics think the world will be a safer place?
Please keep the two separate. There's a big difference between the govt banning all firearms in Canada for everyone and taking away an individuals guns because they are a nutcase.

Yes I would love to beable to carry in Canada. The bad guys would think twice before doing the wrong thing. As it is now, they victimize us over and over again knowing 99% of the time we aren't packing. Our justice system backed by our govt allows criminals to re offend. Our govt has the ability to stop these scumbags. Why don't they?

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't really see where the govenment is taking any of your guns away, that seems like a NRA scare tactic, they may be right but i'm not thinking so. i agree that crimminals hit the stree fairly fast after a short rest in the crowbar hotel, i like the 3 strikes your out idea, but on the third strike the guy has nothing to lose. i really have no solution, history hasn't come up with one either, justs seems like alot of people saying they need guns, i originally asked what for.
answer- like shooting, protection, kill something. sure lot of freakin angry individuals responded, to a simple question.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't really see where the govenment is taking any of your guns away, that seems like a NRA scare tactic, they may be right but i'm not thinking so. i agree that crimminals hit the stree fairly fast after a short rest in the crowbar hotel, i like the 3 strikes your out idea, but on the third strike the guy has nothing to lose. i really have no solution, history hasn't come up with one either, justs seems like alot of people saying they need guns, i originally asked what for.
answer- like shooting, protection, kill something. sure lot of freakin angry individuals responded, to a simple question.

More projecting what you'd do if you had a gun ? heh, heh, heh.
If anyone on here needs some quality time on a couch it's you. Heh, heh, heh.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More projecting what you'd do if you had a gun ? heh, heh, heh.
If anyone on here needs some quality time on a couch it's you. Heh, heh, heh.

haha, yer right, last pysc quit, went crazy on me. it's all good, just seeing what people think makes life interesting. just have seen way to many friends snuff out there lives for what. there is usually a reason for the posts. shheeet already brings back bad memories. memory lane time. need a beer.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing how the media can sway peoples thinking, how much money does it take to own the media? I have never been so embarrassed in my life as when i went to cuba thinking Castro was an evil dictator. Talk about being ignorant or what. I will not swallow any more crap fed by the media. I have guns simply hoping it will detour genocide and it is kind of fun to target practice with the kids to. I guess the question was not as simple as you thought. I have not noticed any angry individuals, maybe i am thick skinned.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing how the media can sway peoples thinking, how much money does it take to own the media? I have never been so embarrassed in my life as when i went to cuba thinking Castro was a evil dictator. Talk about being ignorant or what. I will not swallow any more crap fed by the media. I have guns simply hoping it will detour genocide and it is kind of fun to target practice with the kids to. I guess the question was not as simple as you thought. I have not noticed any angry individuals, maybe i am thick skinned.

I guess all those people boating across open, shark infested waters are leaving Cuba because Castro is treating them right. Wow.....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, depends which side of the fence your on i guess. seems to have settled down quite a bit lately. good ideas being exchanged. calmer.

Top Bottom