Auto Insurance Rates! REDICULOUS

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey i was wondering what other people are paying for insurance.

1998 F150 Reg Cab 2WD
DRV. Courses: None
Claims or Tickets: None
How many Years Insured: 2
Policy Type: PLPD
KM/yr: 20000
Price paid for Vehicle: $2000
Rate:$1525/yr

Reason for doing this is they want to add to my policy this year another $25 it seems like every year they want another $25 and i think it should be going down some as i know people who are 16 who pay less than me, for better vehicles.

This is BS. I have shopped around and everyone wants 1650-1800yr

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
It's because of your age being under 25. Insurance co's nail you guys because many of your age are bad risk and cause a lot of accidents, stunting etc. It's won't get better until you hit 25 yrs old. Fact of life!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its all ins. companys. they a bigger crooks than the gov't or the mob. maybe ran by both some type of joint corporation or something:confused:. wife and i are both well over the 25 age, never had a claim on our ins. both with clean license for over 8yrs now and it seems every year goes up by 5-10% shop around find a better price then go back to your broker and they sharpen up a bit but usually still ends up highrer than the year before. its all the guys that drive without it and get in accidents making the companies pay out to repair the insured vehicles and leaving the ins. company with no one to recoup their costs from. at least thats their story to us. my story to them is wtf to i have to pay for someone elses f up.:realmad:

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's because of your age being under 25. Insurance co's nail you guys because many of your age are bad risk and cause a lot of accidents, stunting etc. It's won't get better until you hit 25 yrs old. Fact of life!

Ya but it shouldnt be going up every year in my books. this is my rate at paying for it in 1 payment, if i paird monthly it is 1700. But yet people i know who are 16 have cheaper insurance . Makes no sence.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it made sense no one would pay it lol.....

under 25 you pay, or if you disrupt coverage you pay like a new driver.

I have boat, sleds, quad, trailer and house all insured no claims ever but I dont have auto insurance because I have a company truck.

So I needed my own truck insurance this fall and for basic Liability on a $12000 truck it was like $1800,,, absolutely rediculous to me, I say I have never made a claim on anything but they dont take any of that into consideration.

it blows but there are no other options:rant:

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have boat, sleds, quad, trailer and house all insured no claims ever but I dont have auto insurance because I have a company truck.

So I needed my own truck insurance this fall and for basic Liability on a $12000 truck it was like $1800,,, absolutely rediculous to me, I say I have never made a claim on anything but they dont take any of that into consideration.

Lol that is crazy. I couldnt even afford to get a new vehicle the insurance would be more than the vehicle payment per month.

I was gonna buy a 2008 F150 and the payment for it was 650 a month and the insurance was $800 a month. WTF!

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
insurance is the biggest legal scam going, i comfort myself by believing they are all going to burn in hell

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every few years I phone around and shop. Had some interesting offers this year. Called my current insurance co and told them I was shopping and found some better offers. Here is what she said;

"Well, we have this other computer program that takes into considering the vehicle identification number. It's more complex but will produce much more accurate rates."

I get a call back a couple hours later and our insurance rates drop by hundreds!

Why wasn't this "program" used the very first day I called?

Insurance companies.......

Call lots of companies, bank insurance co's and so on. You may get pleasantly surprised by one at some point.

Apextenn

Reaction score
From my personal experience i think they pull numbers out of a hat or something like that i moved to alberta from sask when i was 22 had zero accidents dui's or anything else but still ended up paying 3300 dollars a year for three years they kept on bringing my yearly down 100 a year and when i was 25 like everyone else said it was suppose to go down i got the new quote which was 2900 and they said it was because i had a minor speeding ticket anyhow i called around and found better insurance with all perils for 1600 a year trust me call around they are not going to lower it intill they are forced to when i called them back they asked why i was going to another company and i said cause they are 1300 a year cheaper and they were said some bullch!t like they had not assessed me right in their computer and that they could offer me the same rate i told them to basically go f themselves cause when i had called them the day before they told me their was nothing they could do to get the rate down from 2900 dollars a year. It pays to shop around call five places then call again 1900 seems high for just liability but i cant imagine you will find much lower then 1500 a year. Unfortunatly the only other thing you can do that will significantly lower your premium is get married. It is a fact of life guys will always pay more but then again we will pay cause if they said 2000 grand for a girl she would just go without a vehicle guys will always pay we will starve ourselves just to make that truck payment and insurace payment. I was lucky that i has sgi when i was 16 had a eagle talon with full insurance 800 dollars a year. I remeber looking at what it would have been to insure it if i was in alberta and it was around 8000 a year in alberta anyhow hopefully you can find cheaper at the end of the day call around might save a few hundie.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its funny how in the car business we are licenesed to sell and its full disclosure but then you go to get insurance and they can play you any way they like,,,, blows my mind,,, but W five only reports about shady sales people, you dont have to buy a car from me but most times we only have 1 or 2 options for insurance.

bigger problem is the fraudsters and the people who sue,,, that fuggs the rates for the rest of us. if you scam the insurance company it should be 10 years in jail.

its like workers comp,,, we all pay so much for the 1% scammers that are always hurt or some bs... and the rest of us pay,,, wow this must just be how life is lol,,, nothing will change so thats why I stopped worrying about.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So I needed my own truck insurance this fall and for basic Liability on a $12000 truck it was like $1800,,, absolutely ridiculous to me, I say I have never made a claim on anything but they dont take any of that into consideration.

If you are listed on company ins you can use that policy for ins history for your personal auto policy.:)

TonyM

Reaction score
I know what you mean. My girlfriend had no tickets and no accidents and the company she had kept raising her rates! It was really making her mad. She finally switched to the company I have and her rates went way down (with better coverage too!). I've been pretty lucky myself. My car insurance is about $42 month. I found a company through carinsurancequotesonline.co and it's worked out for both of us.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
age is allways a back breaker. i've been with creative for about 5 years now and my rates went DOWN slightly each year untill this year it went up a bit from my own stupidity, got a hefty speeding tic on the QE2 last aug long. give em a try, a few friends have gone there now

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should try hotshot insurance, then you will think 2gs a year is pennies

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In bc you start at 0% discount. Each yr with no claims you get 5% discount up to 40% then it goes to 43% max discount. Thin is if you have a claim that's your fault it drops you down say 30%. So if you have mmultiple claims you will be surcharged. Once you get to 43 and add yrs experience to it and you have a claim you won't drop the 30%. I'm at max discount right now paying about 1400-1500 a yr for my cummins with 3 million liability.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll jump right in on a topic like this,lol. I hope that the CEO's of all of the crooked banks and
insurance companies get what is coming to them at the end.Us little worker ant's get the shaft
all of the time.I don't know F/a about alberta's system,but in sask. every year my cummins is
worth less and less and my insurance goes up and up.
I do agree that insurance companies pass on their losses from scammers and ect. to good drivers
but profits and greed are the driving force behind most of it.

Top Bottom