Auto Execs Are Coming Clean: EVs Aren't Working

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw an article the other day. Cant find it. Thought that was it

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I swear it was the ai that burnt me like that.

It has been fkn with me this week

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 275240

Here is an example of charging efficiency on my home charger....

View attachment 275241

That’s in the vehicle, that article I posted was from a EV charging company and describes the entire process, yes the electric motors are 91% efficient, but the entire process is not to charge a EV.
There is always a loss with electricity, you are never getting exactly what you think is going into charging, and always a loss in the AC to DC conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s in the vehicle, that article I posted was from a EV charging company and describes the entire process, yes the electric motors are 91% efficient, but the entire process is not to charge a EV.
There is always a loss with electricity, you are never getting exactly what you think is going into charging, and always a loss in the AC to DC conversion.

I used 19.63 kWh and charged 19.1 kWh. That’s 97% charging efficiency.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used 19.63 kWh and charged 19.1 kWh. That’s 97% charging efficiency.

Yes on a your new Tesla battery, are you charging it inside or out, and how long did that charge take? Lots of variables on these EV stats being claimed.
Those are the inefficiencies that I see.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think we have to worry about being out numbered in sask lol, drove to regina and back and seen 4 all day. Certain places evs work and to each there own if they wanna use them or not, for me and what i do they dont work and i wouldnt want my family in a electric car in our area. Theres no true clean energy when it comes to transportation u can hide it and look at whatever numbers u want, evs are costly to buy costly to maintain and there longevity is not proven yet battery teck needs to come a long way the way our farm goes through cold and frozen batteries i wouldnt want to leave a ev outside in our climate. Now caifornia sure evs prob work decent there but tbere allready having power distribution issues so i dunno lol

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think we have to worry about being out numbered in sask lol, drove to regina and back and seen 4 all day. Certain places evs work and to each there own if they wanna use them or not, for me and what i do they dont work and i wouldnt want my family in a electric car in our area. Theres no true clean energy when it comes to transportation u can hide it and look at whatever numbers u want, evs are costly to buy costly to maintain and there longevity is not proven yet battery teck needs to come a long way the way our farm goes through cold and frozen batteries i wouldnt want to leave a ev outside in our climate. Now caifornia sure evs prob work decent there but tbere allready having power distribution issues so i dunno lol
Costly to maintain?

Top Bottom