Reaction score

Some are working pretty well…

4d7574c0c5f0e33474d3df13d63f1e09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RGM

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Tesla correction is coming. Just like the weed hype.

The car market in general is in for a beating I think. BMO won’t even do a car loan and people are walking away from loans as the economy downturns.

There could be a car crash similar to the housing market crash. Interesting times ahead coming up again.

No stability in these economies anymore it’s either booming or bust, up and down waves.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Tesla correction is coming. Just like the weed hype.

The car market in general is in for a beating I think. BMO won’t even do a car loan and people are walking away from loans as the economy downturns.

There could be a car crash similar to the housing market crash. Interesting times ahead coming up again.

No stability in these economies anymore it’s either booming or bust, up and down waves.

This is true. My banker told me this last week about BMO and auto loans.
I got our new SUV at 0% for 5 years, I would not of considered a new SUV without that rate.

A cheaper SUV was at 8% which is crazy! Almost 20k in interest. I also see that GM is offering 6.2% for new HD trucks loans, Imo that’s insane for a 120k truck.
There is definitely a correction coming of some sort, there is alot of vehicles on dealer lots at the moment not moving, and very few dealers willing to move on pricing.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s still weird that the #1 selling vehicle in the world is electric. That means that people don’t want electric vehicles right?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of choices out there. How many gas vehicles were sold last year compared to electric?

Im guessing way more gas powered

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got our new SUV at 0% for 5 years, I would not of considered a new SUV without that rate.

A cheaper SUV was at 8% which is crazy! Almost 20k in interest. I also see that GM is offering 6.2% for new HD trucks loans, Imo that’s insane for a 120k truck.
There is definitely a correction coming of some sort, there is alot of vehicles on dealer lots at the moment not moving, and very few dealers willing to move on pricing.

89ba470ef2fce279b1c6bd321357d933.jpg

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s still weird that the #1 selling vehicle in the world is electric. That means that people don’t want electric vehicles right?

Article I just read listed it as 9, behind Toyota Tacos, CRV's and way behind F series etc.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What kind of SUV did you get?

We plan on upgrading at some point. Like the looks of the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Don't seem too insanely priced. With four kids though I wonder if an expedition max would be better. Frickin things are pretty much twice the price though!

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We plan on upgrading at some point. Like the looks of the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Don't seem too insanely priced. With four kids though I wonder if an expedition max would be better. Frickin things are pretty much twice the price though!
I'd be interested to know where this 0% 5 yr auto loan is from as well...?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We just did a non-hybrid Highlander. Wait time was 18-24 months on a new Hybrid. Used the lower trim hybrids (LE,XLE) were commanding more than new hybrid price with the higher trim (limited, platinum) going for redonculous prices way over new price. So settled on a non-hybrid platinum with the v6 instead of the turbo 4. Momma loves it and that's what counts.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We got a three row Grand Cherokee L. I think a Max is bigger, than a L.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Globally for q1 of 2023.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who cares about Q1, look at yearly sales, where is Tesla?

Did you read that article and what the big bosses were saying about the EV market? Pretty powerful wording all around and one automaker doubts the whole thing all together..

Where is all these electric buses, heavy duty trucks, etc? I kept hearing they were coming and nothing yet. Doesn’t seem feasible with current battery tech

EV is good for putting around town, commuter stuff, the rest, good luck, not with battery tech where it is currently.

I’m not against EV, I think they’re rushing it and pushing it too hard. The tech will catch up one day, we just aren’t there yet. Seems like the batteries are way too resource heavy from what I’ve seen.

I think different sources of fuel might take off, ammonia, green fuels etc. I know Porsche and others were trying to develop better fuels.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don’t think a true 0% loan exists, you still paid interest it’s just into the sale price. If you were to pay cash, they likely would have gave thousands off the purchase price.

GM has truck month, they give you $10k discount or 0% interest.. so interest equals the $10k.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did you read that article and what the big bosses were saying about the EV market? Pretty powerful wording all around and one automaker doubts the whole thing all together..

Where is all these electric buses, heavy duty trucks, etc? I kept hearing they were coming and nothing yet. Doesn’t seem feasible with current battery tech

EV is good for putting around town, commuter stuff, the rest, good luck, not with battery tech where it is currently.

I’m not against EV, I think they’re rushing it and pushing it too hard. The tech will catch up one day, we just aren’t there yet. Seems like the batteries are way too resource heavy from what I’ve seen.

I think different sources of fuel might take off, ammonia, green fuels etc. I know Porsche and others were trying to develop better fuels.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

In all fairness, that's the same group of "big bosses" that can't economically build a small car either. It's not that small cars have disappeared from our roads, it's that the big 3 can't turn a profit making them and have let the import brands take care of that. Ford is currently loosing $30k for every Mustang Mach-E it builds, because they can't adapt their design, engineering, or manufacturing departments to compete. Yet Tesla turns a profit of almost $10k on every car it builds.

Pretty easy for them to throw their hands up in the air and say "well that was fun, nobody wants EV's, I guess it's back to building huge ICE vehicles for a massive profit again", because quite frankly their business model isn't profitable if they only built EV's.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t think a true 0% loan exists, you still paid interest it’s just into the sale price. If you were to pay cash, they likely would have gave thousands off the purchase price.

GM has truck month, they give you $10k discount or 0% interest.. so interest equals the $10k.

That math doesn’t work. A 100k vehicle at 6% over 5 years is more than 10k. Regardless that wasn’t my deal, I still got preferred pricing discount and the 0%.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wished I took a pic of the new ev blazer at work being pulled off the car carrier , tried to plug it in for a few hours and still would not go , deck truck pulled it off the carrier lmfao

Fawking junk

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Top Bottom