ATV year round use and tracks

MuddFlinger

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just moved to Yellowknife and ill be here for a few years. (in the military) Guys back home i ride with all run ATV/UTV for trail and mud runs. Most Guys up here have atv for hunting and Sleds for the rest of the time as there most of the year theirs snow and ice. (5-8 mths) Im all about versatility. Keeping in mind, I am a big dude, 300+ lbs and 6'2". Riding experience is intermediate,

So i'm thinking to get a Can am(good service up here and support) Just not sure what model, 650 or an 850 Outlander XT, XT-P or a XMR. I like the XMR, but unsure the track kit compatibility as i know they are geared different from Outlander.

What you guys think?

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had tatous 4s tracks on my commander sxs and they were awesome but one thing u will notice is they take a lot of power to turn even with the gear reduction so if I were u and because your a big guy I would go the 1000 outlander and have some fun !
Tracks do work great in the deep snow but be prepared if u get stuck because u will be digging for awhile unless u have a winch ! Good luck !

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They don't seem that hard to turn power wise, have to change clutching to replicate something like a 25" tire. Work great when the snow is deep enough to justify putting them on. In light snow a tire is way faster and easier.

Attachments

• trackedquad.jpg
    trackedquad.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 120

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2011 XMR 800. I run the Dalton kit for the XMR in the summer, for track use I put the stock secondary spring in and swap out the medium rivets for the heavier.
If we get enough snow to run tracks this year I'm going to try the 1000 arms so I don't have to keep buying rivets for the Dalton adjustable arms.

Top Bottom