Atv/utv/trailer securtiy

Ranarampage

Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys buy to keep them from being stolen.
Not sure if may people are doing to keep these machines from being stolen
but we have been thinking to buying a disc brake lock, and a trailer wheel lock set up.
Thanks for the help again guys :cool:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys buy to keep them from being stolen.
Not sure if may people are doing to keep these machines from being stolen
but we have been thinking to buying a disc brake lock, and a trailer wheel lock set up.
Thanks for the help again guys :cool:

I think you are starting in the right place. I was concerned with 2 new sleds on the deck last winter and started looking/asking around. I was pointed to motorcycle shops with their locking mechanisms. Some very sweet set-ups for the big expensive bikes.

I ended up buying a humongous chain that I wrap around the spindles of the two machines (they are side-by-side on the deck). Supposed to be a special metal that resists (I don't think is non-cutable) cutting or is difficult to cut. I put that together with a special SS pad lock with a motion sensor in it. The pad lock is 6" x 8" with a 5/8" shackle. I got the set-up from Blackfoot Motorsports. Don't know if the salesman would still be there but his name was Dean.

Ranarampage

Reaction score
I will probably end up buying a chain as well or a kryptonite cable locks, alarmed disc brake lock, tire boots. My main concern is they get jacked while I am fueling up for fuel. We are also buying a perimeter alarm set up heat sensor or something that will alert us if we are camping and someone decides to take it while we camp but I am considering the best way to stop someone taking them is to be one them youself so in other words day trips only. I saw a good trick was to put the boot on the trailer, trailer tongue lock and drive your truck so the tongue of the trailer is under the truck to protect the trailer from being stolen. Sucks but don't want to loose anything. Wondering if anyone has a good insurance set up to insure if something does go wrong or recommend a insurance company and how much it costs a year. Thanks

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
INSURANCE , would have to be my number one thing. Because no matter what you do to lock them up if some thief wants them he's gonna get them. Now, making it harder on them is always a good thing. When I go for a day ride a lock my trailer on the ball with a hitch pin lock. As well as when it's stored in my locked parking pad at home. As for the machines I just try and not leave the keys in them. And there stored in my garage at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good car alarm and this: You might get away with my sleds,, but prey I don't catch you....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a few locks without keys kickin around, Decided to try opening them, let me tell ya a good rap with a hammer opened most of them or a 2 ft bolt cutter for that matter. Don't think anything will withstand a zip disc. And for that matter consider what you are locking it to

Top Bottom