ATV / UTV Alberta Racing Series

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all the events are mostly for 2 x 4 quads.. they do have sxs classes too and there are some 4 x 4 's i guess that enter.. there is a race in calgary at blackfoot track.. i was going to check that one out and see if these guys in sxs's and 4 x 4 's launch themselfs like the race quads do over the jumps of the mx track but the jamboree is that weekend..... all races are on a mx track..

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most are pretty big at most tracks.. its called practice.. you have to practice all the time so you can do the 12 foot doubles and 30 foot table tops.. even the step ups are big... i rode my 07 renegade at TTR which is the mx track up by Rocky where i have a membership at wilderness... glad i did many handling and frame mods for strenghtening and put elka stage 4's on it... took me 2 summers to be confindent enough to clear the 12 to 14 foot doubles.. a 4 x 4 is heavy.. mine weighs in at 850 lbs and chuckin a 4 x 4 quad or even a sxs around like that and you better have an unlimited bank account and personal medics to take care of you when you case a jump or go over the bars... after 3 years of that, its just not worth flyin thru the air! lol.... my 07 had tie straps everywhere holding the plastic together..haha
Things i went thru in 3 summers of ridin an mx track... front and rear diff... trailing arm bearings... both side ball joints, upper and lower.. tie rod ends once and two steering stems...

now my 10 is reinforced everywhere.. but no more on the mx track.. it just beats your bike up to hell and you too when your my age...haha

Last edited:

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea ive hit 60 footer table tops in the rzr, and small doubles ( clear every jump at Super Daves) this thing has its share of air miles.

but i have heard these rzrs have a weak front end. i guess time will tell..

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually im more takin about 4 x 4 quads.. the rxr's with the good suspension or like the 900 is going to take jumps better than a 4 x 4 quad sometimes..
the nice wide stance is key.. and lots of suspension travel.. im friends with Mike and his daughter ( Mke Penland ) met him the year i was down east at Rock Run..... and anyways his daughter filmed him take that his new can-am mavrick out on the mx course.. and you should see him launch that thing totally stock...

Top Bottom