ATV TRAILER

tsjonger

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a trailer to haul our ATV's wondering if anyone has an opinion on what the best way is to go - I have been looking at the Tritons and Aluma Trailers but unsure if this is the way to go - would I better off going with a steel made - confused and need some help.

tsjonger

Reaction score
It needs to be big enough for 3 quads - and I am pulling it with my 1500 Dodge Ram 4x4.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It needs to be big enough for 3 quads - and I am pulling it with my 1500 Dodge Ram 4x4.

Well I would go strait to a 4 place trailer to start then. Never know when you want to take an buddy or an extra quad.

An aluminum trailer will be lighter and will tend to pull easier, but you truck should pull a steel 4 place just fine. I was pulling a steel 4 place with my old Ford 1/2 ton with no issues at all.

If you don't mind the extra cost, I would personally go aluminum. Me, I'm cheep so I have a home made steel one.

:beerchug: :shots:

tsjonger

Reaction score
Thanks for the info - very helpful - any suggestions as to best place to purchase - I was looking at Martin Equipment and Wholesale Trailers.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a couple used ones in the classifieds on this site. Also, check out the local papers and stuff for a used one. Why pay new price? :beerchug:

tsjonger

Reaction score
Sounds good - I will check out the classifieds and maybe the bargain finder - I am a bit on the cheap side as well. Thanks again :eek:)

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
If you go with one of the brand names that you mentioned, take some time to check the welds. I've had several come into the shop (one brand new) with cracked welds. The ones at the sled show (brand new) also had cracked welds. Welding aluminum is not rocket science (close but not quite) but does take some care and attention to detail or they will fail.

Or just build your own.

Mine

tsjonger

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice - it is definately something I would not of looked for being a girl with now mechanical talents at all.

crushd

Reaction score
Stay away from the triton trailers, I have a 2 place and I am not happy with it, 2 guys I ride with have alumas, they are much better.

tsjonger

Reaction score
I will definately keep that in mind when I am out there shopping, Thanks

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will definately keep that in mind when I am out there shopping, Thanks

I have a 2006 steel 3 place, black in colour, with ramp, 15inch alloy tires and spare, 3500lb axle, led lights, removeable wind guard, I paid about $3000 if I can get about $2000 I will sell it and get an enclosed, if you are interested let me know I live in Chestermere or I can get some pics, it works great and solid, we had 3 quads and a dirt bike on it and the fourth quad in the back of a Ram1500 and she pulled like a dream.
Shawn

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like what I am looking for - if you don't mind emailing some pics my email address is tracey@k-jay.ca. Thanks

heres a pic with my sled on it, I can take some better ones when I get home, I have also had 3 long track sled on it, only used last season and twice this year, very little use. and it has bearing buddies,

quartz nov20 050 (Medium).jpg

PS I also have a older steel trailer with brand new axle and bearings and you can fit 3 quads its just a bit smaller and does not look as nice, but works great. that would be only $850 so very cheap to get ya going and I re-wired it last year so its ready to roll
Shawn

tsjonger

Reaction score
Looks like it is in great shape. You are located in Chestermere ? not sure where that is.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is in great shape. You are located in Chestermere ? not sure where that is.

ahhhh, you are way up north! I did not look.
Chestermere is 15mins East of calgary.
I also have the contact for these trailers if you want a brand new one. but I would think mine is just fine for $1000 less.
the ramps hook into any location around the whole trailer and then stores under the trailer on rails.
let me know

Top Bottom