ATV Tires ????

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK I am thinking of replacing my stock tires on my brute(25"x8F/10Rx12) I was looking at swamp lites in 27" but heard that they wear fast. I want the 27" in size just not sure witch tire to go with I also want them to fit on my stock rims so I can keep them under the fenders. I ride about 60% on the trails and 40% in the mud. Please let me know what you have and how you like them.
Thanks

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tires

I have a 2006 KVF700 and i put on 26" mud lites. There awsome on trails and mud. i looked at the swamp lites and ya, with that kind of power, you would wear them out really fast. My bro Poppajon, had swamp fox's on his vinson and after 300miles they were cracked like 10 year old farm tires. he did get them replace for free from the dealership and he went with mud lites aswell. so far he really likes them.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run ITP Mudlite radials,a little pricy but I like them!
catmando!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got just under 5000kms on my 26" Mud Bugs and they still have about 50% of their tread left. But I just ordered a set of 26" Interco Swamp Lites for the King, so now the 26" Bugs are going on the wife's 500.:cool:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Ian

im just asking weres the arcade ? just wundern plz reply
the arcade is on the main forum front page down the left side in the menu....... Go there, its a blast. My son is into it now too..... I think there will be some kids in the top positions soon!!! have fun, little buddy.:d

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to the atv & dirt bike performance and modification garage and check out the tire tests there is 3 or 4 there i got directly from atv tv ron
thanks ron i forgot about that. I remember reading that earlier in the years.

B

breezer29

MudLites

I just purchased a 07 Suzuki LTR 450 and put some 20' Mud Lites on- and they seem to work very well in mud, snow and sand. If it means anything I spoke to alot of different riders and it was unanimous to go with MudLites:rant:

mudbug

Reaction score
ITP mud lights are a great tire, had the Kenda bear claws on the last quad and was very happy with them as well. All around either of these tire's will do for your every day quadding. :d:d

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id have went with the MST from Highlifter. Good in mud aswell, great on trails , wet slippery areas , and snow/ice.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Zilla`s are a great tire too.... They are very light yet agressive and wear very good.

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another tire to consider ... if you like radials, is the new "Interco Repitle" ... my younger bro just bought some ... has had them in the snow, mud & hardpack & he's VERY pleased .... :common001: :bandance:

Except for one thing .... they run small :Ccry: ..... the 26's he bought are only 25 inches tall. Found one web site that even mentions that .....

Here's a couple pics .....

Later .....

Attachments

• front_reptile_3.jpg
    front_reptile_3.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 33
  • rear_reptile.jpg
    rear_reptile.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 39
  • rear_side_view.jpg
    rear_side_view.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 34

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another tire to consider ... if you like radials, is the new "Interco Repitle" ... my younger bro just bought some ... has had them in the snow, mud & hardpack & he's VERY pleased .... :common001: :bandance:

Except for one thing .... they run small :Ccry: ..... the 26's he bought are only 25 inches tall. Found one web site that even mentions that .....

Here's a couple pics .....

Later .....
the only problem i've seen with radials is that the side walls are still only 2 ply runner, not 6 ply! have seen many guys blow out the side walls on those!!!!!!! not sure if the newer ones have been upgraded, but when they first came out with radials, that's how it was!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya how the heck do they measure tires..my wifes 26" bearclaws are only 24"tall when measured empty..do you have to fill them up to reach the expected height??my 27" mudlites are 27" tall empty..how do they do that?

Top Bottom