ATV Rubber

Roadhouse

Reaction score
Hi;

I have only 2600km on my 6 year old Outlander. The tires have lots of tread left but I'm wondering if they should be replaced due to getting older and more prone to failure on the trail. They are Carlile's.

Any perspectives would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

RH

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really depends on your riding style but giving that you went that long with stockers and didn't have issues i would say something like a mud lite xtr would be up your alley. not super aggressive, smooth on and off the trail and they seem to wear good, my dad has run them on everything from his 550 to his new ranger and swears by them.

Billydozer56

Reaction score
I am using mud bugs, got them for a good price, they seem to tread lite, perform better then mud lites in skeg, there not like silverbacks or outlaws. but there light work good. I have not had any problems at all. rough on hard pack trail when going slow.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol
2600 Kms they can't be that great?

Depends how he rides. My old man got about 4k out of his stockers, but the only thing he uses his quad for is running the huskies around his quarter, and a bit of plowing in the winter. If your on hardpack,and the tires aren't rotted then you really don't need much for tread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roadhouse

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.....great advice. I think I'm going with a set of Bighorns. A local retailer has a good deal and the tires get good reviews!

Cheers,

RH

Top Bottom