Atv Newbie.... Which Quad To Buy??

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'M POSSIBLY LOOKING TO GET INTO QUADDING THIS YEAR, MOSTLY FOR EXPLORING, FISHING, TRAILS, GROUP RIDES. MY QUESTION IS WHAT SIZE SHOULD A GUY BUY, AND ARE USED QUADS A SAFE BET THESE DAYS OR SHOULD I BE LOOKING NEW, AND WHAT BRAND, OR IS IT LIKE SLEDDIN' AND MOST BRANDS CREATED FAIRLY EQUAL THESE DAYS AND MORE OF A "BRAND LOYALTY" SPORT???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you plan on keeping it for a long time I'd go new, then there are no surprizes. I really like auto transmissions with high/low range. My buddy had a 650 Honda Rincon without low range and it was brutal for crawling through deep mud holes or climbing over fallen trees. Now he has a 800 Can Am that fuggin' rips.:eek: I own a 700 Suzuki Kingquad and my wife has a 500 HO Polaris. The Poo rides like a caddy and goes real good for a 500, the Suzuki is alot lighter and gets pitched around a bit more; but it gives that 800 Can Am all it can handle if we race from 80km/h to top end.:cool: If I were buying another quad this year, I'd just replace my Suzuki with a new one. Yep; I like it that much...there is nothing else out there right now I'd rather buy. Out of the 5 operators that I work with, 4 of us run 700 Kingquads.:)

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New??

I as well am looking to buy a new quad this year before I leave for Mcbride. Need all the info, likes and dislikes from all you guadr's. Barry

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
New quads

For myself i like the Belt drive type. All manufactures make them much easier to drive. No crazy power surges going uphill just like a sled squeeze and go let it figure out what ratio to be in. Suzuki,Kakawaski, Bombi and Polaris,Yamaha all make good products. So much depends on what you want to spend and what you want to do with it. Ride hard and fast is different than Slow and steady. Sport quads are ok if your riding buddies all have them but if your with easy riders they go way to fast Also no place to carry stuff along such as fishing stuff ,food and gear.If looking for newer quad find one with a good frt diff locking system. Ihave seen many 4x4 quads get stuck in easy spots with only 3 wheels turning. Polaris IMO has the best frt drive. So much to pick from so many out there. Summitric call me when you have something to look at i will give you my:twocents:

• Staff

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Thanks Glen

Thanks For The Feedback, And I Will Look You Up, Glen....... Might Have To Change My Signature From "summer Sucks" If I Get A Quad, Eh??:d

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you like to take someone along a Kids,bud, two or three coolers full of pops its no trouble LOL.Great for getting firewood and it's like having a tow truck along for the quads.Suspension on mine is unbelievable!The reason I went with cat other than I'm a cat guy is the best suspension of all side by sides.
I really like mine!
catmando!

Top Bottom