atv accident

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard on the news this morning that a lady has died in a side by side accident up groat creek outside whitecourt sad

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed they didn't give much detail as to what caused the roll over, are there seat belts in those things?

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another story by global news

A 37-year-old woman died early Saturday morning in an ATV crash.

Friends say Tanya Varga was one of two passengers involved. The crash took place on the outskirts of Whitecourt, a place where Sid Calliou and his group of friends spend their summer.

"We're all friends here...this is what we do all summer. camp and quad"

Friends and family of Varga are in shock. According to friends the quad hit a rut and flipped. Varga was ejected from the vehicle.

"Her husband was in camp with us...they took the truck and tried to bring her back"

When they arrived on the scene, friends tried to do CPR but the mother of three could not be saved.

The driver of the quad is devastated. Caillou says most of the group is familiar with the roads and the driver was an experienced driver.

"He's been driving longer than I have and i've been riding for about 10 years,"

"when we ride we all take precaution..we have a big group - women and children. We take precaution, we're not aggressive riders"

RCMP are investigating whether alcohol was a factor. Friends tell Global News Varga and the other passenger had been drinking, however the driver was sober. They say it was nothing more than a tragic accident.

With files from Linda Nguyen

© Copyright (c) Shaw Media Inc

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More details than the Journal this morning there was no mention of a third passenger. I was just hoping to not see Edson in the byline when i saw the headline "woman dies in quad roll over" That's all a rally needs.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just hate hearing these things, so sad, my condolences to the family.....

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Between 3-4 am? Nothing good usually happens that time of the am guessing speed was a factor also

Top Bottom