Attract the Bear to our campsite!!!!

Two Blue

Reaction score
In the Golden and Area thread, there is a discussion on theft, which is a concern for all of us in all riding areas. Certainly the risk at the staging areas is high during mid day when we are on the mountain and our vehicles, trailers, and stuff await our safe return. When the fn punks then thieve our stuff, we become enraged....as we should.The finger pointing is always curious. We blame the locals, the riding clubs, the Cops, and whoever we can. Far to often we don't hold ourselves accountable. Do you leave food out at a campsite when there are bears just waiting to come in and help themselves. Of course not! When it does happen and we have provided the opportunity, the first question should be, "What the F were you thinking?"Lets all work together. Be safe and think safe.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure where your trying to go with this, all our stuff goes inside the enclosed trailer, how much more hidden can we get. seems sledderes are paying trail fees etc, and the fee people leave early and the low lifes decend. the general consensus is to have the lot attendaent stay for a few more hours. i'm also sure some of this crap is being done by a few lowlife sledders looking for a freebe. anyway, i'm thinkin someone is going to pay a heavy price for this type of shheeet.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesnt matter how good you hide it the thieves know it's there somewhere. Under the seat in the console in the trailer etc. It's not like a car at the mall

Two Blue

Reaction score
I agree that if you do the best that you can in securing your stuff and preventing.. Good on you. But for those who do not, well shheeeettt. It may be other sledders or maybe not. Whoever it is, for those who make it easy for them, give that a thought.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 blue
please elaborate on this, what do you suggest sledders do. you must have some golden insite. lets see the truck sits for 6-8 hrs on a side road, no one around, thieves have all the time in the world to B&E. will go through every vehicle in the spot. with stuff hidden or not, your vehicle is a target. sorry bears are sleeping this time of year, or so i thought.

the best defence is a parking lot attendent period. otherwise a death penalty will work as well.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many times have you gone camping by yourself (middle week) and you figure no one is ever out there? Sure enough you get a few people out looking about which seems strange to me. Thieves are like crows, they take what opportunity gives them. It is a shame that people will take advantage of people, who are out for a good time cuz they worked all week like dogs. The parasites that feed off of those people should be treated like any diesese, a strong antibiotic like a 30-06 shot or something more subtle like buck shot would do the trick.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet the malls are busy today, oh and wait what's in all them cars parked in the lot weeks before christmas....? Punks break into those cars just like they do our trucks and trailers... because they can, and they have no respect for others property!

They all know that the guys coming out sledding atleast have some coin in their pockets and they "feel" they deserve some of it...? Should we have to lock "double" duty just because we are in a remote area? NO WAY! Put your crap behind the seat, lock the truck, lock the trailer, ride all day! I'm saying that if I knew some group that was causing trouble in my or my neighbours back yard, I'd report them! My point being that I doubt if somebody prowling the staging area at Allen Creek, Silent pass, or Boulder is from Llyodminster, Swift Current, or Nanton. But if someone in those towns knew that some punks had lifted somebodies stuff they'd get what's coming to them. So, any one running a business in the towns that support these named stagging areas, I would like to believe they appreciate the out of town business they receive and help out the Tourists any way they could, including curbbing the crime spree.

Last edited:

Two Blue

Reaction score
I am not saying that there is some golden or magic answer. The f-heads will come and they will f with our stuff. It would be nice to have an attendant at the staging areas all day, but that ain't going to happen. My original point was that we are and will continue to be victimized. So, let's not leave critical things behind...specifically your wallet, your cash, and credit cards. Reduce your own victimization and not leave or bring critical things.I like the idea about leaving beer, food and cash out like a gift basket and a note that says don't f with my stuff. Let's just make sure we poison the beer and food and leave counterfeit cash........as far as gun control is concerned... The only good gun control is a good eye and a steady hand!!!

Two Blue

Reaction score
I also agree with the comment about the locals doing the best they can to help, when the visitors are doing the same. That means that everyone is working together. We may not always get the help or the type of response we want from the cops, but still help them by your observations. Take a picture of shady people, vehicles and license plates... You never know when that can be helpful and connect some dots. The best network that we have going for us to keep in touch and talk is this site. And even if those who may be responsible are among this chat group (...and I would like to think they are not), they will get what is coming....

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the bears don't know better and no one blames the bear when they come in to campsite, but the a holes who steal our stuff and bust up our trucks are to blame and hope one day somebody catches one/few of them and gives them what they deserve. The bears and thief's are not even the same problem apple for apple. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I often wonder if it would be better to just leave the truck doors unlocked so that the would be thief can have a look and see there is nothing worth taking and leave. At least you wouldnt have a broken window to contend with. I never leave my wallet in my truck-its always with me.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the going rate for a daily trail pass? I am willing to pitch a few more bucks if they stay until mid afternoon, as would most people.

Two Blue

Reaction score
The bear comparison is only an analogy....... However, ignorantly, many naive people do blame the bear.

Top Bottom