Attn:walker Evan shock gurus

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the walker evans on my 14 pro 800 (in season model)

What does the bolt at the top of the shaft do?

I had my springs backed off to almost the top to get the sled easier to get on edge but the spring seemingly bounced around when there was no pressure on the front end. I noticed the wear on the shock itself and the spring loose when I had the sled on its side while I was installing new scratchers

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the walker evans on my 14 pro 800 (in season model)

What does the bolt at the top of the shaft do?

I had my springs backed off to almost the top to get the sled easier to get on edge but the spring seemingly bounced around when there was no pressure on the front end. I noticed the wear on the shock itself and the spring loose when I had the sled on its side while I was installing new scratchers

That will be where the shock is pressurized. There's not many ways to make those shocks any better unless you get them revalved. There would be someone in PG im sure that could help you out. Those shocks are crap, i have the piggyback models and they aren't much better.

A guy has to go aftermarket if you want a big upgrade.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That will be where the shock is pressurized. There's not many ways to make those shocks any better unless you get them revalved. There would be someone in PG im sure that could help you out. Those shocks are crap, i have the piggyback models and they aren't much better.

Thanks for the reply, so if I was to go lower on pressure (left on the bolt?) Would that help me with getting it on its side?

TryHonesty

Reaction score

Crap??? bwuahahaha buddy you need to suffer through some RydeFXs for a few years, you have no idea. :D

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shock.JPG what bolt are you talking about? If they are not the piggyback they are not adjustable.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't loosen that one! There will be 150 - 200 psi of nitrogen behind it. That is the nitrogen port for rebuilding your shocks. If you have to change the nitrogen port because it is damaged the shock would need to be depressurized with a special needle first. Have you tried removing the sway bar? That would make it more tippy for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh okay, I will stay away from playing with that then for sure!

Yea, that was one of the first things I did to the sled, then I moved that spindle to ski bushing to the outside.

My buddy just got himself a xm, and on that sled I can get it on its side (in his shop) on either side really easy. I weigh about 150 before riding gear. On my pro I can get it on its side as easy on only the left/brake side(idling and when the machine is off). Thats what brought on my playing with the shocks.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay I'll look into that.

I did tighten the right spring quite a bit and that seems to help me a little with getting it over. Prob a stupid question but does the left side need to show the same amount of threads as the right?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are not weight balanced the same from side to side, many people notice this. Set it up how it feels best for you.

These guys in Ontario do a great job on shocks and in Canada so pricing is really good.

Top Bottom