attention strathcona county ward 7 sledders

gerrit

Reaction score
Just today I met terrell fletcher he is running for counsel in ward 7 very nice guy he wants a trail system in the area and willing to voice an opinion for sledders in the area as he is also a rider. I believe the area is from 510 to north of antler lake not sure how far east or west that ward goes

Last edited by a moderator:

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: attention strathcona ward 7 sledders

Thanks for the post. Wanted to bring this up as well if I could figure out how to start a post. Ward 7 is basically the south east quadrant of Strathcona County and goes as far north as Twp Rd 530 and as far west as Rge Rd 224. If you live in this area and are a sledder or ride ATV's you know how Strathcona County has been taken over by greenies and you also know the hefty fines if you are caught riding by their diligent bylaw officers, levying huge fines to families out for a weekend snowmobile ride. As well the great people at Tri-County Snowmobile Association and Fort Saskatchewan Snow Angels have been trying for years to establish a trail through Strathcona County to link Ministik to north trails in Lamont County and on all to no avail. I do not know Terrence but went to his website and he is a sledder and want's to stop this madness. If you sled or ATV and live in this area please consider voting for Terrence as our current councillor certainly is not a supporter. Maybe we can make a difference.

Last edited:

gerrit

Reaction score

I do have his contact info will post tonight

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Everyone on here who lives in Strathcona County should be all over this like a fat kid on a cookie....

Bump...

Lac St Anne county has a few pro-recreation folks running for counsel as well...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Everyone on here who lives in Strathcona County should be all over this like a fat kid on a cookie....

Bump...

Lac St Anne county has a few pro-recreation folks running for counsel as well...

Lac St Anne Residents Should be looking voting for Bob Clarke in Ward 2, Lorne Olsvik in Ward 1, Joe Blakemen in Ward 5, Not sure about ward 4, all other wards were won by acclamation.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Apparently I'm in District 5 in Parkland now....I fired off an email to the 4 candidates asking them about thier views on Motorized Recreation, Wabamun Water quality, fire services & education.... Interested to hear what they have to say. Candidate emails are public information take the time to ask the questions now because we all know that once they are in they are never wrong...

Lac St Anne Residents Should be looking voting for Bob Clarke in Ward 2, Lorne Olsvik in Ward 1, Joe Blakemen in Ward 5, Not sure about ward 4, all other wards were won by acclamation.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Apparently I'm in District 5 in Parkland now....I fired off an email to the 4 candidates asking them about thier views on Motorized Recreation, Wabamun Water quality, fire services & education.... Interested to hear what they have to say. Candidate emails are public information take the time to ask the questions now because we all know that once they are in they are never wrong...

I've been watching for live forums where I can go and ask my 2 candidates similar questions. Of course I've found nothing so far, sending an email is a good idea! Thanks Ian.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've asked the councellors running in my district (ward 3 strathcona) there thoughts and opinions of more trails, extending current trails or even allowing ditch riding on certain roads. Brian Botterill is for it. Bryan Mortensen says he never heard the issue come up before but he is for designated trails so no interference with skiers, horses etc. Dan Jaffray is also ok with it as long as residents are. So if others are ok with it how do we push this to make it bigger and better.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The key to all of this is "if the residents are ok with it". I am on rr224 and 521 and have a few anti atv/sled neighbours. Hopefully they can be swayed with a proper presentation along with some guidelines and regulations for the system.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ward #7 Terrell Fletcher - home-780-922-5522 He supports sledding and is a sledder VOTE for FLETCHER He supports the Tri-County Snowmobile Access Corridor that has been on the table for the past 7 years. Tri-County has held many - many meeting the County of Strathcona on setting up an Acess Corridor from Ministik north to the Fort Saskatchewan trails. From there you can go NE to Lamont River Riders trails and North to the Iron Horse Trails - then east to the Atlantic Ocean - if your sled lasts haha. SO support your councillors that BACK SLEDDING

Last edited:
Top Bottom