Attack 20 question

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the Cat forum and didn't get any responses so thought I would try it here.

I ride a summit 800 and was planning to do a 16x156x2.5 3.00" pitch powder extreme track on it this season but it doesn't look like I'm going to have the time to do the full D&R to make the 2.5 fit right.

So I can get a 153"x15" Attack 20 off an M7 in great shape for a very reasonable price and was wondering how they were. Obviously not much of a comparison to the Powder Extreme, but seeing as I already have the drivers and the skid to fit it, it's a quick and fairly inexpensive swap to switch. And it's gotta be better than the 6y/o beat up 144"x2" I'm running now I thought.

So any comments on the attack would be appreciated!!

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in hill climb position the hook up hard but dont stop well and i mean scary as ch!t coming down a big hill,also trenches in deep pow,in the powder position kicks ass in pow stops ok but spins quite a bit and harder snow:beer:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about the newer power claw tracks? Are they any good?

Oldguysrule

Reaction score
I just noticed your post and I have an Attack 20 track in fairly good condition. I replaced it with a Camoplast track on an 05 M7 for riding on snow that usually has a base a few years ago. Make me an offer on the track, but you should probably see it first, I am west of Calgary/Cochrane. I used it in the standard position but I have heard that if you turn them backward they really hook up.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how did this work out for you?
doesnt pull as hard as the a20 in hill climb but doesnt trench moves snow like the a20 in powder pos,seems to be a better all round track to me and better coming down steep hills,still a little snakey but nothing like the a20 in h/c position

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks slomo. I found a 162" that I think I may give a whirl. The powerclaws are a 3" pitch correct?

Top Bottom