AST1 and rescue class complete.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thursday night Katie and I took our in door rescue work shop with Lori (Zac's). And tonight we completed our AST1. She puts on a fantastic class. For those of you that have never taken a class and want a wake up call,run on the spot for a few minutes then try breathing through a straw while keeping your hands on your stomach and chest. Now try breathing with out your stomach or chest moving your hands (because you body will be cemented in snow)....... It was all i could do, actually i had to cheat as i couldn't get enough air with the straw at first. She has some great training and learning techniques. I highly recommend her.

I have blown my budget this year on the two classes and full set of gear for the both of us but next year we will take the outdoor class to really tie the theory all together. We have started our foundation, and will keep building on it!

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, Lori puts on a very informative class. We did our AST 1 class/field with Lori almost three years ago, so definitely time for a refresher field portion...hopefully this winter. Really glad to hear that you and your daughter are getting the proper training, it is the absolute #1 prerequisite to riding in mountainous terrain. Kudos to you, and kudos to Lori from Zac's Tracs for providing excellent, easy to learn avy training!

Top Bottom