ASA trail pass

blar

Reaction score
Does a ASA trail pass cover all the trails within Alberta? Who enforces the trails to make sure you have a pass? What are the penalties if you don't have a pass?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
The trail passes in Alberta do cover the entire province, however they generally encourage you to buy where you ride so the majority of the funds from your pass are returned to the local club. That being said to the best of my knowledge the Government of Alberta does not grant tenure use to crown land in Alberta as they do in British Columbia so local clubs cannot deny trail use on crown land. That being said, please do the right thing and buy a trail pass to help support the efforts of the local club whom maintains the trails.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trail passes in Alberta do cover the entire province, however they generally encourage you to buy where you ride so the majority of the funds from your pass are returned to the local club. That being said to the best of my knowledge the Government of Alberta does not grant tenure use to crown land in Alberta as they do in British Columbia so local clubs cannot deny trail use on crown land. That being said, please do the right thing and buy a trail pass to help support the efforts of the local club whom maintains the trails.

Aw Man! I was going to tell him that he would have his sled taken away if he didn't buy a trail pass. Now you ruined it!

Seriously though, just buy a pass. $60 for the whole province for the whole year is a bargain and then you are one more sledder in the official count for the ASA when they go to the government to stand up for our right for access to use crown land.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I happen to know at least 1 groomer operator who will stop and ask you for your trail pass, and to do so, he blocks the trail with the unit......

Probably not worth angering the groomer guys!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I happen to know at least 1 groomer operator who will stop and ask you for your trail pass, and to do so, he blocks the trail with the unit......

Probably not worth angering the groomer guys!
as noble an act as that is, it is also illegal for him to do unless it's privately owned land. what will he do with his anger? is that something the ASA wants to deal with?

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does a ASA trail pass cover all the trails within Alberta? Who enforces the trails to make sure you have a pass? What are the penalties if you don't have a pass?

Well if $60 a year means the trails get groomed, some of the staging areas have fire wood and i dont have to worry about being asked about it, i belive its money well spent. me and the old lady both have asa passes.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

True . Very good info Thanks

Clubs have a minimal authoration for that trail in the green Zones. If a club holdsa a LOC they could try and enforce BUT what will that get them? Bad rep and angry sledder. Now if on private land the rider could be charged with trespassing because club is responsible for those riding on their trail.
Best to buy a pass and support the ASA Trail Pass system

Top Bottom