Artic cat mono rail.... hmmm...

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woke up with a monorail this morning....

Attachments

• 29B2C262-99C2-4AF6-BFA4-243A00CDB3A4.jpeg
    29B2C262-99C2-4AF6-BFA4-243A00CDB3A4.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 434

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does it look like the guys riding the Alpha in the vid are hanging WAY off center in order to turn or sidehill? I would have thought a little weight change to one side and countersteer and that sled falls over.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does it look like the guys riding the Alpha in the vid are hanging WAY off center in order to turn or sidehill? I would have thought a little weight change to one side and countersteer and that sled falls over.

Too look cool.

I think it’s great.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That guy is a doolaide drinking troll. I'll come see you for a demo ride.

Sounds good. I don’t drink doolaide

Yes I will have a sled to ride.

Well a few actually ....

Call Bos Motorsports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why they ride the mono rail like a yamaha if it so tippy ? Sled looks cool the video is **** tho

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic Cat was like, hey guys, we have this crazy new idea for a sled. It has one rail.

Arctic Cat then built one of them, and trailed it to some small hill to meet up with a couple pro riders and a film crew.

The riders rode it for 4 hours in low snow. They did some sharp hooks.

Textron then trailered it to Vegas for the big 'shew.'

Snowcheck now.

My point being, it feels pretty half baked. For something this out there, they should have took a page from Polaris' book and brought out like 20 regular mountain riders, let them ride a big fleet of monorails, then did an interview with every rider. Then compile all that feedback into the marketing and release info.

For something this out there, we need more information from regular riders that have put some time on it. Expecting people to snowcheck this with literally ZERO regular rider feedback is hairbrained.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic Cat was like, hey guys, we have this crazy new idea for a sled. It has one rail.

Arctic Cat then built one of them, and trailed it to some small hill to meet up with a couple pro riders and a film crew.

Snowcheck now.

My point being, it feels pretty half baked. For something this out there, they should have took a page from Polaris' book and brought out like 20 regular mountain riders, let them ride a big fleet of monorails, then did an interview with every rider. Then compile all that feedback into the marketing and release info.

For something this out there, we need more information from regular riders that have put some time on it. Expecting people to snowcheck this with literally ZERO regular rider feedback is hairbrained.

Don’t be scared buy one

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Snowcheck now.

lol........I read somewhere that Cat has been "playing" with this since 2012....maybe not proven in the real world yet, but far from a half baked idea as you state. Time will tell....

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol........I read somewhere that Cat has been "playing" with this since 2012....maybe not proven in the real world yet, but far from a half baked idea as you state. Time will tell....

Read it started in 2013 and are still riding on the original with no failures. The monorail has been tested and beaten by Cat riders but, you just never know until it is in the hands of the consumer. The magazine riders have had the monorail for a bit now and their ride report should be surfacing soon, for what it's worth. That being said i would have no issues buying one and would look real hard if it was my upgrade year. A demo would help make the decision easier for sure. I don't normally respond to the haters but it just shows the type of person you are when all you can find is negative things and are bashing it's ability in certain conditions when you have never seen one in person or rode one. A/C has been in third place (out of 3) for a while now, when your in this position you can't build machines as good as the competition it has to be better. A/C has always had very capable people just not the budget to move ahead quickly, well things have changed and I believe this is just the beginning.

Last edited:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat has not addressed the poor fitting air vents yet....their answer, for now, is to tape or silicone the openings.....SkegPro has a great thread with a homemade fix that can easily be done till Cat replaces them.

We found the problem - It's a mounting screw that was a c hair away from where it should have been and created enough stress in the panel to cause a slight wow. If that screw is relocated its fixed! :)

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We found the problem - It's a mounting screw that was a c hair away from where it should have been and created enough stress in the panel to cause a slight wow. If that screw is relocated its fixed! :)
Yeah ok. Still a **** design.

There should be multiple tabs the hold that v-vent in place.

Top Bottom