Areas in Alberta (besides Brazeau) to camp and quad with a lake?

aliengodd

Reaction score
Hey, we are looking to head out for July long and want to tent camp and bring our quad...also want a beach for the little man. Not willing to risk Brazeau because of all of the thefts I have read about on here. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! THanks

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope lake north of boyle is a decent spot.
theres a trail right out the back exit and if ya turn right you will end up at chump or north buck laks and if ye turn left you will go to skelton lake and around to amiks lake..all nice trails! !sorry bout the caps but once i got started i wasent goin back..lol

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
theres a trail right out the back exit and if ya turn right you will end up at chump or north buck laks and if ye turn left you will go to skelton lake and around to amiks lake..all nice trails! !sorry bout the caps but once i got started i wasent goin back..lol

What caps???? G you seeing things

aliengodd

Reaction score
How are the staff? We are not loud.we are respectful campers...reading some of the reviews some people feel like they were almost harassed by management.

aliengodd

Reaction score
Just called, no spots left..may have to do some bush camping by Rocky.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How are the staff? We are not loud.we are respectful campers...reading some of the reviews some people feel like they were almost harassed by management.

What staff??? Where are you thinking? What managment? I think you may have your threads confused

aliengodd

Reaction score
No I don't have the thread confused...someone had recommended Boyle Lake.

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
We went to buffalo lake, or old Macdonnalds farm, three years ago. Campground was nice except for the Nazi that works there. Some guy with an authority issue worked there at the time. The owners actually came over and appologized for his behaviour. I got kicked out of the campground 3 times in one day!
1. The public beach has no signs (we went out specifically looking for signs and information after the fact), but he had an issue with us walking the sea-doo in (300 feet from any swimmers) and we didn't hear him with his bullhorn from accross the beach over the noise of the beach goers. He comes over to yell at us. I took the attitude of, "Fine, didn't know, want to save the rest of the weekend, so by being polite, I may get off with a warning. I kept him there going through all their documents, rules and postings for an hour and a half, just to see how long I could keep him rambling, then he just gave up and asked if I wouldn't mind parking it another 20 feet away in his boat zone.

2. A neighbours 17 yr old girls were taunting him, he thought they were mine, I snickered that they made him look like a tard and he kicked me out again.

3. He was looking for trouble, wanted to stir things up, said I had a noise complaint. I dragged him over to the neighbours who were shocked to see we were even still up, he kicked me out again, wife got in his face this time, (I actually felt sorry for him for a second), but he didn't know that we were camping with an RCMP officer, he woke her up, she came out dressed for duty, and read him the riot act. The owners came by and appologized. Havn't been back since, don't plan on it.

Last edited:

aliengodd

Reaction score
We went to buffalo lake, or old Macdonnalds farm, three years ago. Campground was nice except for the Nazi that works there. Some guy with an authority issue worked there at the time. The owners actually came over and appologized for his behaviour. I got kicked out of the campground 3 times in one day!
1. The public beach has no signs (we went out specifically looking for signs and information after the fact), but he had an issue with us walking the sea-doo in (300 feet from any swimmers) and we didn't hear him with his bullhorn from accross the beach over the noise of the beach goers. He comes over to yell at us. I took the attitude of, "Fine, didn't know, want to save the rest of the weekend, so by being polite, I may get off with a warning. I kept him there going through all their documents, rules and postings for an hour and a half, just to see how long I could keep him rambling, then he just gave up and asked if I wouldn't mind parking it another 20 feet away in his boat zone.

2. A neighbours 17 yr old girls were taunting him, he thought they were mine, I snickered that they made him look like a tard and he kicked me out again.

3. He was looking for trouble, wanted to stir things up, said I had a noise complaint. I dragged him over to the neighbours who were shocked to see we were even still up, he kicked me out again, wife got in his face this time, (I actually felt sorry for him for a second), but he didn't know that we were camping with an RCMP officer, he woke her up, she came out dressed for duty, and read him the riot act. The owners came by and appologized. Havn't been back since, don't plan on it.
That kind of deal happened to us at Kinbasket..even before we had our Quad. Just us and our son and we were harassed. Maybe some of these guys are going a little nuts in the bush or like to power trip. Can really ruin a camping trip in a hurry when you are scared to fart or you may get in trouble lol.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i gave up on campgrounds YEARS ago. crown land or no camping. and x2 on the cadomin-ruby falls, GREAT spot!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Old Macdonalds is a joke (been there, done that, not going back)....but it's not a campground you can quad from as the OP asked.

spuds

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looked at old macdonalds, went to the narrows instead, better fishing

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
You want Long Island Lake. It has a fantastic beach and lake for the little guy, tonnes of quad trails right out the camp and its cheap.

Top Bottom