Areas around fernie and crowsnest

thecheyner

Reaction score
I've been out to morrisey a few times and really enjoyed the riding around there.
Have ridden a bit around crowsnest and a few other spots but haven't really found a lot of alpine.

Rode a cool zone out by fort steele, I think it was called horseshoe creek

Just wondering if anyone can give me the low down on some good spots to sled and snowboard around fernie and crowsnest?

Does Island Lake lodge let sledders in ever?

Thanks for your time:firefire:

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ridden westcastle? There is some good terrain there for boarding...lots of good country between castle and the pass as well..

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Morrissey will be closed again this winter for logging. Please help us retain this area and respect the logging operation by not using the plowed road for snowmobiling.

Most of the area can be accessed from the Coal Creek staging area without using the logging road.

FYI Island Lake Lodge has in the past opened up for a couple of family days for the Fernie Snowmobile Association at the end of their season. It didn't happen last year due to weather, avalanche risks, and liability concerns. Hopefully, this year well get it back on track.

thecheyner

Reaction score
Where do you stage for westcastle?

Too bad about Island Lake Lodge.

Thanks for your replies

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for westcastle you stage right at the ski hill and the riding is amzing on both the north and south side of the trails. wildhorse area by ft steele is good but pretty big avalanche terrain back there. I highly recomend atlas staging area just north of the pass it is sweet for boarding and you can cross over from deadman and racehorse pass into alexander creek on the bc side of things. Dobir when are you and milton gonna come out for maybe another trout lake/revelstoke ride again???

thecheyner

Reaction score
Cool, well if you guys are ever heading out there I'd like to tag along.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will be lots of trips by the sounds of the snow Jerod. We are looking for a road ride pretty soon around Fernie to break everything in and are heading to Revy Dec 15-18...let us kniw when the snow is good around your country for a trail ride and cold one!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds good dobir we are heading to revy on friday night for a ride. the snow heere is getting deeper there was a report of about 4 feet in the hills in some places around here. I'm in on that revy trip if you guys dont mind

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jared,

het a room booked for yourself at days inn...arriving the 15th. An extra room would not hurt in case we need a spot for another guy anyways.PM your number I have a new phone and dont have yours..

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok i'll book my room tonite for the 15 till the 18 at days inn yeah an extra room is always nice!!! 1-250-919-1130 is my number send me a message with yours sometime and we will get this figured out snow looks super deep!

Top Bottom