Are you guys ready for the next skidoo game changer?

DeNytroguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What am I looking for that I haven't already stated?

I’m not looking for an argument here. But the reason it doesn’t lag is because the engine doesn’t have to “suck” the air through the turbo at low rpms. It gets the air from a different intake at low rpms. Same reason a front mount kit has LESS lag than a rear mount kit. (Think back to the nytro days)

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m not looking for an argument here. But the reason it doesn’t lag is because the engine doesn’t have to “suck” the air through the turbo at low rpms. It gets the air from a different intake at low rpms. Same reason a front mount kit has LESS lag than a rear mount kit. (Think back to the nytro days)

It doesn't have lag because the boost is so gradual. .5 lb per 1000 ft. there is no way you could notice lag. All other turbos are full boost all the time. Also lag increases as boost increases. Some turbos have less lag than others.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm I know bike man doesnt have a good name for themselves but I wonder what a tune will do. Think it's a little high//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200121/42b3173e46d9b89ee7a9ecb08053ae48.jpg
I am betting that flash is gonna give you the full 4psi at sea level.

So not really any sort of gain if you are riding at 8000ft.

6500ft your gonna pick up a few ponnies.

I looked at that turbo today, it's tiny. No way your making over 200hp at 8000ft with that little hair dryer.

Anyone know the actual specs on the turbo?

DeNytroguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't have lag because the boost is so gradual. .5 lb per 1000 ft. there is no way you could notice lag. All other turbos are full boost all the time. Also lag increases as boost increases. Some turbos have less lag than others.

I’ll try this one more time, lag is the time it takes the engine to create enough exhaust pressure to spin the turbo and pump compressed intake air into the engine! This setup won’t have any lag at 8000’ your sleds will. Like I said the sled uses a separate intake till the turbo is getting enough exhaust gasses, then the sled stops taking air from the the bypass intake and gets fed with air from the turbo. Several pages back Maxwell was talking about how the sled jumps between both intakes at a certain rpm/speed while cruising. So you either slow down or speed up just a tad. I don’t know how else to explain it.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All other turbo's do not produce full boost all the time. They provide a set measure of boost ie. 5lbs or 7lbs, that is controlled by a waste gate. When boost pressure exceeds the max set point, excess blows off through the waste gate. This happens until you get to a high enough altitude when the turbo can no longer produce the set point ie. 5lbs so then nothing is dumped through the wasted gate. At that point, any increase in elevation results in loss of max HP.
The doo turbo works exactly the same except instead of a set point of boost pressure increase, it electronically adjusts the waste gate to adjust the air pressure to sea level or 29.92 inches. So, the boost pressure slowly increases up until 4psi at 8000'.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
imagine how laggy this setup would be if it only built 0.5psi per 1000' in elevation! Roll into a chute at 6000' and you'd only have have 1psi if you pulled all the way to 8000' :rollinglaugh:

jaysus LHF your grasp of the english language is miiiint

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am betting that flash is gonna give you the full 4psi at sea level.

So not really any sort of gain if you are riding at 8000ft.

6500ft your gonna pick up a few ponnies.

I looked at that turbo today, it's tiny. No way your making over 200hp at 8000ft with that little hair dryer.

Anyone know the actual specs on the turbo?

Cheap flashes on other boosted things will simply trick the map into thinking it’s at a different pressure, so my guess is first tunes will add 2 psi across the board so at 8000 will make 6 and 2 at sea level.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I have said for many years is that I didn't think a snowmobile manufacture could beat the 1160 by 2020. I still don't. Having said that I'm a 90s hill climber. I don't pretend to ride like Burandt. But I doubt this T850 could out climb the wedge. I'm geared for 88 mph and it pulls it at elevation and If I was a bettin guy this turbo is geared for 45 mph.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I have said for many years is that I didn't think a snowmobile manufacture could beat the 1160 by 2020. I still don't. Having said that I'm a 90s hill climber. I don't pretend to ride like Burandt. But I doubt this T850 could out climb the wedge. I'm geared for 88 mph and it pulls it at elevation and If I was a bettin guy this turbo is geared for 45 mph.

Anything over 50 mph the track comes off I guess ?

Top Bottom