Are there any handgun owners on here?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're scared to admit it.... Imdooin will come on here and throw a canary about how guns kill people. He's our resident tree Hugger here you know.

The thing about imdooin is you in no way want to contest him....he's like the second coming.....he knows everything......but in reality for a guy who looks like professor peabody.....im yet to here to many scientificly sound arguments.....

Andy the Digger

Reaction score
my fav is a M93 sportsman .22 from norinco... it was 180 bucks new from Marstar in Ontario, required a little cleaning to get the packing oil off, but after that with federal shells..cheap to shoot and a lot of fun

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing about imdooin is you in no way want to contest him....he's like the second coming.....he knows everything......but in reality for a guy who looks like professor peabody.....im yet to here to many scientificly sound arguments.....

hmm ya want another go do ya? made ya look stupid last time, and then ya ran off. sorry to burst yer bubble mills, i don't know everything, just more than you so it seems.

i have no feelings towards guns, one way or the other, just there are quite a few loose cannons they sell them to.

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a model 586 S&W in 357 cal. haven't fired it in years. PITA to get a carry permit every year.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would LOVE a handgun, but the hoops needed to jump through are too many for this guy.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i started with a ruger mark II target SS in 22. got the high volume of rounds out of my system. now 45 acp. next 460

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would LOVE a handgun, but the hoops needed to jump through are too many for this guy.

That's why the hoops are the way they are.
Strength in numbers, go jump the hoops and get one. If more people owned restricted (ie voters) these barriers will slowly come down. While you're at it join CSSA or NFA.

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't find it to bad "hoop" wise. Go get ur restricted PAL- about 4 hours
Go pick ur gun it gets registered(could take up to 24 hours) and at the same time u get ur travel permit for it. Get a short term (good for the day) to get it home from the shop. And get a long term (lasts until ur PAL expires) for the trek from ur house to the range and back. No calling every time for a permit unless u want to take it somewhere other then the range. All u have to do is call and they will fax u whatever u need within a few minutes.
Also its a faster process if u are a member of ur local range as they will want to know where u are shooting ur handgun. It was $90 for a family membership at our local range.

Good luck!! I love putting clips through my 9mm totally worth it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm ya want another go do ya? made ya look stupid last time, and then ya ran off. sorry to burst yer bubble mills, i don't know everything, just more than you so it seems.

i have no feelings towards guns, one way or the other, just there are quite a few loose cannons they sell them to.

Didnt have to run off....just dont want to argue with someone you cant reason with. and besides.........your mom and dad already made you look stupid....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didnt have to run off....just dont want to argue with someone you cant reason with. and besides.........your mom and dad already made you look stupid....

well it may be better to look stupid, as opposed to you opening yer yap and letting the world know just how stupid you are dustin.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
please take it, as you need it.

seeing as you seem to want to follow me around,

yeah.....i want to follow you alright.....speaking to you is just slightly worse than a kick in the head with a golf shoe........

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My restricted application is away and I am going to start up a collection. Right now I am trying to decide between a Glock 9mm, 40 s&w, and 45 acp or a Smith & Wesson 9mm, 40 s&w, and 45 acp. (I will probably buy one Glock and one S&W in alternate chambering). I also really like the Smith & Wesson 629 357 Magnum with a 6 inch barrel.

Any other gun nuts out there? Or want to give me advice on why I should or should not buy a certain model? (I know this is an invitation for abuse)

Glocks are awesome hard to load though if you get the 45. If you buy the Glock make sure to buy it match grade or break it in making it match grade. Go with the 45 s&w and the Glock 45 little bit more kick but more fun to shoot. The Glock is also harder to take apart and clean at first but once you get used to it, its a great gun

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love how most people comment about what gun to get when he never really says what to use it for.

Sucks hat you have so much hassle to get a handgun, 20 minutes in and out to buy here and I bought it on impulse after researching.

Depends what you are going to use it for... just to shoot at the range or to carry or is it for home protection?

If for the range get something like a 9mm as its cheap to shoot, forgiving, and you aren't trying to knock anything down.

If you are going to use it for home protection get a larger caliber. I have heard from officers saying criminals who are doped up can take a couple rounds from the 9mm and shrug them off.. if you're going to decide to shoot someone in self defense you already made the decision that you can't take back, you are best to make the biggest hole possible.

A good dealer will let you shoot a couple of the guns before you make a decision. Find one that fits your hand well and is designed for what you want in use. I shoot a Springfield .40XD.. plink shoot with FMJ rounds and use special home defense rounds in a clip next to the bed. Those guns shoot VERY nice, fit my hand well, and the price is right. The -M model has interchangeable grips, but the basic model fit my hands better.

Good luck on the purchase and get the training to go with it.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love how most people comment about what gun to get when he never really says what to use it for.

Sucks hat you have so much hassle to get a handgun, 20 minutes in and out to buy here and I bought it on impulse after researching.

Depends what you are going to use it for... just to shoot at the range or to carry or is it for home protection?

If for the range get something like a 9mm as its cheap to shoot, forgiving, and you aren't trying to knock anything down.

If you are going to use it for home protection get a larger caliber. I have heard from officers saying criminals who are doped up can take a couple rounds from the 9mm and shrug them off.. if you're going to decide to shoot someone in self defense you already made the decision that you can't take back, you are best to make the biggest hole possible.

A good dealer will let you shoot a couple of the guns before you make a decision. Find one that fits your hand well and is designed for what you want in use. I shoot a Springfield .40XD.. plink shoot with FMJ rounds and use special home defense rounds in a clip next to the bed. Those guns shoot VERY nice, fit my hand well, and the price is right. The -M model has interchangeable grips, but the basic model fit my hands better.

Good luck on the purchase and get the training to go with it.

I wish! In Canada the only legal reason to own a handgun is for target pratice. If you tell them it is for home defense you likely won't get the permit. And good luck getting a carry permit unless you are law enforcement.

TB

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rob, you've got to be an American.

Sadly, up here, the only legal way to use a handgun is shooting holes in paper, at the range.

(beat me to it, TB)

Top Bottom