Arctic Fox

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the RV show yesterday was a company out of Kelowna that builds campers. Brand is Northenr Lite. Not a camper guy myself but from the outside the quality looked amazing so we poked our noses inside. Really nice build! Representative said their price is getting close to half of an Arctic Fox right now due to the exchange rate. Northern Lite truck camper sales & manufacturing - Canada and USA

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm thinking about purchasing an Arctic Fox 996 and am looking for feedback. Is it worth purchasing Arctic Fox? are there any other brands in the same build quality? i have a GM 3500 DRW and was thinking of going with airbags but the camper dealer is suggesting that Torklift's Stableload is the better way to go, does anybody have experience with them?

Thanks

I have the AF996 mine has the built in propane generator and all options, its heavy when full of water and gear. I use a 14 F350 Dually air bags and bit of a lift 34"tires hauls it around with no problem.
No issues with the camper at all.

boxer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Adventurer 89 Rb which has no slide. when fully loaded its heavy enough for my f350. would think a Dually is the way to go for sure with the Arctic Fox campers.

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sur what the stableloads cost but i find all of the torqlift products i have used to be of great quality.

I run an Adventurer 86SBS in a F350SB SRW and use torqlift tiedowns and fastguns. I run airbags and a heavy-duty rear sway bar and find its super stable and runs great on the hiway.

Built in Propane generators are a bad bad bad idea. Had to cut my camper to get the Onan out of mine with 3.5hrs on it to fix a toasted ignition coil. I wont put it back in and run a suitcase Yamaha 2000w that fits in the cubby the Onan left behind

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a arctic fox 990 with dodge ram 3500 dually. Air bags (piped separate) wireless remote for air bags, torklift stable loads and torklift tie down system. My truck handles great and I tow boat and sled trailer behind. There is a bit of sway not uncomfortable at all. I am a cautious safety conscious type person. You can find better deals than the torklift stable loads (my mistake) just chucks of rubber. Their tie down system is awesome and wouldn't go any other way (not cheap). Get a rubber truck bed mat for it. Took it to Valemount this christmas, I found it difficult to tell when the road was slippery or when the wind was pushing camper, they create similar sensations while driving. Was my first time driving in those conditions with camper but will do it again.
Do you use for a sled camp in the winter?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the OP is set on a big camper Arctic Fox and Lance are both top of the line. Bigfoot and Northern Lite both do the clamshell fibreglass construction, with it's own plus and minuses. A lighter camper generally doesn't have the amenities he may be looking for. Our truck camper is big, and it's heavy, but to go lighter means going without a Lot of options we really want. A Helwig sway bar will reduce sway, adjustable shocks like Rancho 9000's can reduce and control bounce, but "porpoising" is just the nature of the beast unless you are looking into Cabover Struts.

LimaMikeMike

Reaction score
If the OP is set on a big camper Arctic Fox and Lance are both top of the line. Bigfoot and Northern Lite both do the clamshell fibreglass construction, with it's own plus and minuses. A lighter camper generally doesn't have the amenities he may be looking for. Our truck camper is big, and it's heavy, but to go lighter means going without a Lot of options we really want. A Helwig sway bar will reduce sway, adjustable shocks like Rancho 9000's can reduce and control bounce, but "porpoising" is just the nature of the beast unless you are looking into Cabover Struts.

I agree but I would add an Eagle Cap to the Arctic fox and Lance brands, well built and heavy also. Those would be the three slide out campers I'd look at, well maybe adventurer too(they make eagle cap but not as nice).

ditto on the stableloads and the airbags. You're going to need them

Reaction score
If you can find a good clean Citation Supreme, you cannot beat the Canadian built quality and true winter rated camper. Furnace heat ducted directly into holding tank area. Solid built. Etc. They were build in Southern BC until 2008. Nice ones show up on occasion and are half the price of new US built campers which are commonly not as good quality. We bought a lightly used 2007 a couple years ago with full bathroom and could not be happier.

Just another suggestion or option from buying new.

Top Bottom