Arctic Cat snowbike

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bike appears to be some french enduro thing.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I smell a lawsuit!
I doubt you'll see a lawsuit. If A/C builds and sells it as a complete unit (not a kit) I doubt there is much anyone could do about it. The rear suspension patent is already in place. Kinda surprised it wasn't based off of a Yamaha WR though...

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still wonder why one of the big four aren't building a purpose built " snow bike" style machine strictly for snow?

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TBH it's great they are doing this.... I know the Yeti is a great product but $9k - $10k for an attachment... That's allot of cake. You can buy a great used sled or even new for $10k.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they can get the whole package in the $8000-9000 range there would be a stronger market for them.

They are calling it the SVX 450.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty pumped for this personally. I have been on the fence about jumping to a snowbike but the only real holdback is the insane price that both Yeti and Timbersled want for the track kit. By the time you sink $9k into a new KTM or Husky (the only bikes that i would use for snowbike) and then buy the track kit for anywhere between $8k and $10k you are already way above the price of a sled. Then you need to add things like larger pegs ($300), bar warmers ($150), airbox modification ($$$), EFI tuner or Smart Carb, etc, etc, etc....

Hopefully the big manufacturers getting into this will bring the prices to a more realistic place. I would gladly pay the same price for a snowbike package as i do for a new sled ($13k-$15k plus taxes and such) but just can't put myself to paying over $20k into one.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty pumped for this personally. I have been on the fence about jumping to a snowbike but the only real holdback is the insane price that both Yeti and Timbersled want for the track kit. By the time you sink $9k into a new KTM or Husky (the only bikes that i would use for snowbike) and then buy the track kit for anywhere between $8k and $10k you are already way above the price of a sled. Then you need to add things like larger pegs ($300), bar warmers ($150), airbox modification ($$$), EFI tuner or Smart Carb, etc, etc, etc....

Hopefully the big manufacturers getting into this will bring the prices to a more realistic place. I would gladly pay the same price for a snowbike package as i do for a new sled ($13k-$15k plus taxes and such) but just can't put myself to paying over $20k into one.
Exactly. I am interested in a snowbike just need an affordable option. Especially for guys that want to run both a bike and sled without killing the bank.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I had a snow bike it would remain a snow bike. I have no desire to ride a 450 thumper in the summer months. So a dedicated platform that remains a winter ride is find with me.

Someone mentioned they would pay $13-15k. No way still too much. Timbersled is not $9000. You can easily get into a new bike and new track kit for $15k ready to ride already so anything over $10k for a dedicated snow bike unit is too much.

I would still have my sled for my main ride. Snowbike for the shoulder season riding.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I had a snow bike it would remain a snow bike. I have no desire to ride a 450 thumper in the summer months. So a dedicated platform that remains a winter ride is find with me.

Someone mentioned they would pay $13-15k. No way still too much. Timbersled is not $9000. You can easily get into a new bike and new track kit for $15k ready to ride already so anything over $10k for a dedicated snow bike unit is too much.

I would still have my sled for my main ride. Snowbike for the shoulder season riding.

I think you forgot to factor exchange. With tax and shipping they are over $8k. A showroom fresh 450+ is going to run you ~$10k for current model year. Personally I think they are simpler with less tech and parts than a sled and would like to see the package for $10-12k.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have been looking at alot of pricing and can't see getting into a new bike and skid for $15k. The bike alone will be $9-10k and the skid at the very least with a short track and no options is about $6000USD ($7950 CAD). Add to that the extra work required to make it a snowbike like the airbox mod, heated grips, tuner, pegs, seat and so on you are definitely looking way north of $15k. Now throw some options at the skid and you get north of $10k CAD very easily with a longer track or SX skid and the TSS.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well then why does it need to be a show room fresh current MY bike?

Why does it need to be a brand new timber sled? Seen lots of used one year old ones for $5000. My buddy just picked up a year old one with a Rekluse for $6000.

The exchange is a factor sure on the new kits but there are lots of left over brand new bikes around that are selling for under $9000.

If you only own and ride the brand new stuff then sure you will spend over $15k as I haven't looked at the price with the current exchange. But if you are on the fence because of the pricing on new stuff, why not consider used and left over bikes.

And you don't need a efi tuner. No snowbike a I have ridden have hand warmers either. That's just a bonus.

Heck I was looking for a CR500 to use as a build. Been a few built now. They can be found on the cheap.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Why does it need to be a brand new timber sled? Seen lots of used one year old ones for $5000. My buddy just picked up a year old one with a Rekluse for $6000.

The exchange is a factor sure on the new kits but there are lots of left over brand new bikes around that are selling for under $9000.

If you only own and ride the brand new stuff then sure you will spend over $15k as I haven't looked at the price with the current exchange. But if you are on the fence because of the pricing on new stuff, why not consider used and left over bikes.

And you don't need a efi tuner. No snowbike a I have ridden have hand warmers either. That's just a bonus.

Heck I was looking for a CR500 to use as a build. Been a few built now. They can be found on the cheap.

I was keeping it new for comparison sake with a new sled. In reality I would piece together a used one from a few year old 450-530 4t or 300-500 2t. Summer use says go 2t but for winter a fuelie 4t w/ magic button would be much nicer. I sold my YZ last month so I have a wide open stable.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Any other than starting it, bet that's one fun ride

They are insane to cross skeg doing a cat walk, bet a track would be the same

Top Bottom