Arctic Cat Mechanic in Medicine Hat??

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hey all,

I know we have some guys from Medicine Hat and Redcliff on the site and I need to know if there is anyone that can work on an Arctic Cat clutch here in town?

I talked to Bruces and they arent very interested in anything other than Poo, and the Yammy dude doesnt really work on sleds at all anymore, so any other suggestions?

I have worked the clutch over on my M7 and just for the life of me cannot get it to hook up properly. Any advice on someone local would be appreciated.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clutches are easy to work on ,simple tools and a homemade clutch compressor, i bought .5" ready rod 2 nuts and 2 washers from a&b steal in the hat ,easy stuff..

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
clutches are easy to work on ,simple tools and a homemade clutch compressor, i bought .5" ready rod 2 nuts and 2 washers from a&b steal in the hat ,easy stuff..

Haha, A&B 'Steal'...that is so fitting, what a rip-off joint...

Clutches are easy IF you know what you are doing...I clearly dont! I cannot get the belt deflection set to where I consider normal...But if you lift the sled, the track rotates on its own as it should, but my belt is sitting very low in the sheaves, I feel it should be higher.

If you are ever bored let me know, I will feed ya beers or whiskey to have a look at it...

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey hey i never said i knew anything....lol.., but have yu tryed shims and a billet deflection adjuster, worked on my m6 side panel vents helped big time cooled down cluches we were roasting belts too

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
hey hey i never said i knew anything....lol.., but have yu tryed shims and a billet deflection adjuster, worked on my m6 side panel vents helped big time cooled down cluches we were roasting belts too

No, there are shims behind the adjuster, and I have tried less, so I am assuming that perhaps I need more shims. Just the plastic adjuster on there. I wish we had a dealer closer to home...

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Richard Pauls at the cat dealer in Lethbridge ...right on the highway .....turn right at the second set of lights , then left , and follow to the dead end .......great guy , he can hook ya up , and only 1.5 hrs away ....have some coffee and chill and it'll be on the road in a snap!!

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stock cat clutching sucks imo and yes it sucks mh motorsports dosnt sell anymore parts. im going w/cutlers this year heard good things ordered direct from cpc usa..plastic adjusters are no good threads strip off and stock spring probly sagged out a bit maybee ,call cutlers they no there stuff probly even a spring upgrade make a huge difference

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree lethbrige cat is great to deal with ,ive had him greyhound stuff to the hat b4 they ship fast...

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Lethbridge Arctic Cat in about an if you want your sled delivered. Can only be a one way thing cause i am bringing back a new quad. You can call me at 403-548-1735:d

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. You just need to add shims to the adjuster and i am sure you will be ok. You will find that when you go to reinstall the plastic adjuster with more shims that it helps to grab the secondary by hand and rotate it back and forth to get belt to move up in sheaves while installing adjuster. Much easier on the plastic adjuster threads.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hey Longhorn

Have you tried Cory at Medicine Hat Motorcycle Service. He did some sled work for us a few years back....his number is 403-580-8188. I don't know if he still does sled work but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Jan

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hey Longhorn

Have you tried Cory at Medicine Hat Motorcycle Service. He did some sled work for us a few years back....his number is 403-580-8188. I don't know if he still does sled work but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Jan

Jan,

Thanks, no I hadnt thought of him, he rebuilt all my Cat shocks last year, but I never thought to ask him about clutching.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Heading to Lethbridge Arctic Cat in about an if you want your sled delivered. Can only be a one way thing cause i am bringing back a new quad. You can call me at 403-548-1735:d

Sorry Arctic, just came in the house, had to work this morning. What a great offer and thank you so much, but I have the sled in a trailer out on a job right now.

Thanks again for the great offer!

Top Bottom