Arctic cat m7 wiring trouble.

Justinh1022

Reaction score
hey i have a 2006 Arctic cat m7 and have a friend that parts out Arctic cat m sleds bassicly none of my hand warmers worked at all and i didnt want to pay the dealer for new warmers so of course i asked him for a set of m8 bars ( newer style ) with the controls and tried splicing in to the harness but now i cant seem to get my sled to run now i was curious if anyone with a m7 attempted to do such a thing to there m7? what it does is fire up run a second or 2 then dies out.

thanks in advance.

Justinh1022

Reaction score
UPDATE: OK i was messing around with it and figured it must either be something with my kill switch or my headlight side switches so i took a shot in the dark and put back on my old kill switch fires right up no problem so does anyone have any idea what could be different for wiring between a m7 and m8 for kill switches? also i turned my throttle cable as far out as it will go and im idling at 3000 rpm what is normal idling rpm 1500 or so?

Justinh1022

Reaction score
update: i ran a direct ground to the chassis and everything works now except the darn kill switch to shut off you have to turn key or tether ( guess not to bad but would like it all to work any idea on why the new kill switches wont work on older m series?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
update: i ran a direct ground to the chassis and everything works now except the darn kill switch to shut off you have to turn key or tether ( guess not to bad but would like it all to work any idea on why the new kill switches wont work on older m series?
One might be open circuit while others closed try reversing the wires in the plug, What about throttle safety switch?

Top Bottom