Arctic Cat M Series Skinz Hood and Cyclops Lights

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We recently installed a Skinz hood on a M6 complete with Cyclops lights. Some pictures to give every one a better idea on how it all goes together.

076.jpg

In the picture above, you can see the brackets for mounting the gauge pod and aux lighting.

077.jpg

The frame, note how it uses the stock hood hinge points.

086.jpg

We installed one Spot and one wide light and on our last trip out we put them to the test. For us, we found this combo works much better than stock.

088.jpg

The replacement air intake

080.jpg

The hood strap attachment point

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very slick, how does the guage mount work out? Nice and secure? How was wiring relocation? I can see a huge heat loss under the hood, and this is a good thing on the bigger Cats!

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Very slick, how does the guage mount work out? Nice and secure? How was wiring relocation? I can see a huge heat loss under the hood, and this is a good thing on the bigger Cats!
Thank You, the stock gauge remounts very easily. There are two threaded studs on the bottom of the gauge which Cat uses to mount the gauge in the stock hood. You simply drill two holes in the bracket and it's done. You just have to make sure you drill the holes far back enough that you dont have to notch the bracket to get the connector plugged back in. For us anyway if you roll the sled the handlebars are the first contact and seem to do a good job of protecting the gauge. For the wiring harness the stock one was put back into use. We tie wrapped it to the underside of the center frame, so it secure and hidden away as well.
Our son also put it to the test in the powder during our recent trip and we did not have a issue with snow under the hood when it was covered. The mesh does work well as a grater though as evidenced by the fine bark particles we found in the tub after a few close encounters with trees. No damage to the mesh though.

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any problems with using this style hood with a turbo set up ?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Sled's with Turbo's is one of the area's were this hood really shines or I guess I should say lets the heat out. The lights are not part of the Skinz hood kit, they can be ordered seperately.

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is the clearance to the pipe, same as stock or more? How much is the light kit? Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom