arctic cat front end upgrade

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey doing some pre season thinking of doing a upgraded front end to go to the 36" front end. obviously the cat ones will work amazing, but aswell looking at the z bros front end but dont know if it has the forward offset. would be changing the spindles too. I always hear skins front end but cant find anything at the 36" mark. wondering if it is worth it at all. seeing there is a couple other brands just looking to hear some insight on what is the best bang for your buck. would like to keep it cheap if possible. Mostly ride in Valemount but do make so trips to Fernie where the trees are thick. running the 38" front end at the moment with 8" sly dog skis. Or is there better places to spend the money on the sled?

94YJ

Reaction score
what year is your cat? i just picked up a 14 and all i plan on doing is clutching and maybe some bdx boards. I don't think the 36" front end is worth the cash to be honest, have heard from a people that its not worth it, maybe it is? but i don't think it is. How do you like the 8" sly dogs? I have an old set that i could toss on with the right bracket mount, but i have heard the cat skis are pretty good so i will try them out and go from there.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My opinion, best choice hands down is the BDX front end spindles and all. Totally changes the handling characteristics totally for the better , IMO.
Unfortunately is far from the cheapest option.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have not tried the skis yet at all and I have a 2013. Just bought the racewerx running boards. What are you doing with the clutching? What does the clutching change that is that drastic.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock cat skis are not good for mountain riding, replace them if you haven't. I am doing the 36" front end since the people I have talked to who have done it so think it makes a notice als difference for sidehilling due to the changed geometry.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the 2016 front end on my 2015 and really like the way it handles. Also did Tomahawk skis since the stock 2015 Cat skis are pretty skinny.

Dustylane

Reaction score
I am on a 14' pro climb and had Deano from Madd Motorsports update my clutching to the Thunder products 911 cover and clutch kit and what a difference. The response is so reactive now, we do a lot of tree riding and its night and day. Also running the Dalton weights which are very easy to adjust. Another big change is the forward postioning steering.

Top Bottom