Arctic cat back firing!

enticerboy48

Reaction score
Hi everyone i have a 2002 Arctic Cat 300 4x4 that wont stop back firing! I have cleaned the carb several times and put gas line anti freeze in the tank, but that does nothing. I took the bike to my arctic cat dealer and they put a lid on the top of the carb that did nothing for me!:mad: I NEED HELP PLEASE

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it backfiring under acceleration or deceleration? You need that lid on your airbox

Last edited:

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When my old beast had a similar issue I ran it the entire winter clearing snow trying to figure out what the problem was...turned out, in my case, it was just the spark plug! Good Luck!

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your timing chain if the adjuster has no more room to tension the chain you might need a new chain.
Did you leave it sit with gas in it?
Here is a free downloadable repair manual
www.mymowerparts.com

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just go to the link in top left corner it says free parts and repair manuals. Then look up your year and size

Pecos

Reaction score
Backfiring is caused by spark getting into the intake through an open valve.....most common cause would be a tight valve. I would suggest setting the valves, and as previously mentioned, the timing chain to see if it is loose and/or jumped.

Top Bottom