Arctic cat 2009 lineup

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
April 12th at the Northlands Agricom Hall D.All you Doo boys should come down and see some real sleds ! LOL!
catmando!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will have to do that as I may be heading over to the DARK SIDE and get a cat next.:eek:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the other manufacturers are there too. Were a year a or tow ago at the spring sneak peak. I don't expect much from Cat for 09. Apparently they still have a warehouse full of 07's and 08's they are trying to get rid of. However, I have it on authority that Cat was working on a DFI motor and some of the tricks from the new race sled are supposed to be incorporated on the M's. Possibly a new Crossfire as well. I'll be there!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 'o9 cats will be in the same chasis, they will have electronic reverse as well as a few other new electronic gooies.. Theree is supposed to be a new track also.. The M's have been put on a diet.. The M8 should come in close to the weight of the "08Xp..Which means that the M1000 should come in at like 480-490lbs dry.... That will be awesome!!!! Cat has done awesome for sales this year, at least back in BC anyways..

Last edited by a moderator:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 'o9 cats will be in the same chasis, they will have electronic reverse as well as a few other new electronic gooies.. Theree is supposed to be a new track also.. The M's have been put on a diet.. The M8 should come in close to the weight of the "08Xp..Which means that the M1000 should come in at like 480-490lbs dry.... That will be awesome!!!! Cat has done awesome for sales this year, at least back in BC anyways..

M sled sales have been great for Cat. I know lots of F's still in the warehouse. Yes, i heard about the electronic reverse. Some think that means the DD is gone but I don't think it is. Just the servo reverse is. Very curious to see if the rumours of a new Crossfire are true. Soon enough we'll find out. Isn't it Feb 29 that Cat releases the 09 news. With the 2010 EPA regs around ther corner I expect we will see a couple new engines or "improved" engines as well. DFI would be perfect. Lets face it, if the other manufacturers don't catch up to Doo soon they will lose market share. Doo is coming out strong and making direct targests of companies like Yamaha.

Next two years are going to be VERY interesting!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M sled sales have been great for Cat. I know lots of F's still in the warehouse. Yes, i heard about the electronic reverse. Some think that means the DD is gone but I don't think it is. Just the servo reverse is. Very curious to see if the rumours of a new Crossfire are true. Soon enough we'll find out. Isn't it Feb 29 that Cat releases the 09 news. With the 2010 EPA regs around ther corner I expect we will see a couple new engines or "improved" engines as well. DFI would be perfect. Lets face it, if the other manufacturers don't catch up to Doo soon they will lose market share. Doo is coming out strong and making direct targests of companies like Yamaha.

Next two years are going to be VERY interesting!!

I beleive that tehy will still have the DD, just without reverse.. Which rocks cause then it'll be easier to put the camoplast extreme 2.5" paddle tracks on... Yah and on doo's new engines, i look at the past ones and now going to a 500:1 oil ratio i dont know how that'll pan out.. They are claiming 3000kms to a tank of inj oil... I'm REALLY looking forwardto feb 29.. I cant wait to see what in store for the M1000.....

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i was talking to the dealer today and they said that the new cats will have a ee-reverse as the patent on the doos is up. he also said that they are trying to drop some 50lbs off the scales.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it is true that they will have a reverse like doo's and they are going on a diet, dont know about that much but we'll see..

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, e reverse. An industry insider has stated that "some" of the lightweight racer tricks will be incoporated into one of the new sleds. It's either the M's or a new Crossfire.

Only 18 more sleeps. Sure hope I'm not left disappointed.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, e reverse. An industry insider has stated that "some" of the lightweight racer tricks will be incoporated into one of the new sleds. It's either the M's or a new Crossfire.

Only 18 more sleeps. Sure hope I'm not left disappointed.
Just like with all the other manufacturers, the disappointment comes next year with the recalls and updates and broken stuff on a new snowcheck.:D:D:D

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just like with all the other manufacturers, the disappointment comes next year with the recalls and updates and broken stuff on a new snowcheck.:D:D:D

So true. I get excited about the possibility of what's to come, but would not consider a first year sled (or any vehicle) that has undergone too many changes. A few changes, depending on what they are...then maybe.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah as long as they dont change chasis then its all good for me.. Cause i'd change rear skid, a-arms, D/drive, seat and some other stuff anyways.. All in the name of lightweight.. If they dump30lbs off of the M1000 it'll be eassy to get it lighter than an'08 XP.. Cause built the sled in my avatar and it has a bonndocker turbo set-up on it and came in at 475lbs dry, tahts only like 10lbs heavier than an xp.. And that turbo set-up has to weigh in at like 50lbs with everything..

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After this weekend I may be in the market :D I will be interested to see what Arctic Cat has to offer...

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My interest is there ,That would be sweet!
catmando!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yah.. A stock M1000 that weighs less than 500lbs dry.. SWEET!!!! And it's not like an XP where you aren't able to take any more weight off of it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom