April Conditions..

beaker

Reaction score
here are some pics of renshaw on Friday.great day lots of sun , trail was good

rsz_img_3019.jpg rsz_img_3049.jpg rsz_img_3055.jpg rsz_img_3077.jpg rsz_img_3095.jpg rsz_img_3024.jpg

Attachments

• rsz_2img_3105.jpg
    rsz_2img_3105.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 584

Sumitdude

Reaction score
Our Father, who art on mountain
Himark be thy name
may snowfall come
on mountain peeks and lower valleys
give us this day blue bird skies
and show us the way to abundant powder
and lead us not into avalanche conditions
but deliver us to eternal powder
for thine is the powder the slope and the glory
for ever and ever HIMARK

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AND another JERKOFF blows by the trail pass collector! A guy rides up to the trail booth at Belle on Saturday with his wife, 2 kids and grandfather. They rode up from the B&B at the bottom of the hill. He asks the collector if the trail was groomed last night. The collector says no but there has only been 31 people on it and it's in excellent condition. Guy says i'm not paying the trails should be groomed every night!! The collector says sorry but thats not going to happen due to cost of operating equipment and number count of riders that have used it. So if you're not going to pay sir i'm going to have to ask you to leave. They start up the sleds and take off up the trail. It never ceases to amaze!!

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
some clowns just dont get it. the only reason you are rideing up the trail is because of the clubs and all they do to keep it open.
The W N R guys will be in mcbride this weekend. you won't get any of that trail bitching from us. rough or smooth or mud who really cares just get your butt off the couch pay your dues, grip it and rip it.

Last edited:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes no one paid! It only happened a couple of times this winter so on a whole it's been good, this guys not a very smart sledder because anyone who rides the hills knows if your still getting a fairly decent trail to ride up in mid april you're doing pretty darn good!!! Besides +17, +14, +12 and 2 or 3 days of rain on the horizon it doesn't look! I'm hoping Hotrod can stretch it out another week cause we're heading up for the season ender. We'll keep you updated. Higgins.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We rode Renshaw on Saturday, went in by the cabin headed towards the blackwater, wasn't too tracked in there with about 5" - 7" of Snow on the top. Then in to the anthills where it was only hit with a few tracks. Tracked it up a bit, same snow conditions as blackwater. Bluebird sun with 8 degrees. The trail this day was in good shape, a bit rough at the top heading up to the pay shack to the parking lot, some dirt and roots on the trail up. Sunday we rode Renshaw again, trail even in better shape, top part melting rapidly from shack to parking lot again. Some areas had slushy spots, mostly between 5-7 km marks, wont be long before dirt is coming through. There is quite a few tracks on the hills, the anthills appear that no one more has ventured into that area or winebergers. We rode past Sprit lake all the way to Pyramid mountain, not many tracks in that area yet but with the bluebird sun and 10 degree temperatures the snow has been melting fast. The trail was in quite good shape coming back. On monday we rode bell, this was quite tracked out in all the areas except for the burn where we ended up playing. There was about 1 1/2" of consolidated fresher powder on top of a crust that day. Sled was a bit hot all day. Bell trail and the parking lot were in good shape. Here are some pictures, and thankyou Barry for the use of the XP for Lisa all weekend.

IMG_1032.JPG

Lisa and I at Pymirid Mountain past Sprit Lake

IMG_1047.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1041.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1042.JPG
    IMG_1042.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still decent snow to be had for sure, but the transition into spring condition trails vs nicely groomed trails is going to be very abrupt this year I think. We rode 3 days and there was a noticable difference from day 1-3. We hit Blackwater without a track in it on Thursday and some of the guys dropped in to checkout Winebergers as well. About 6" of fresh everywhere in there is what we found. Was also good snow to be found on the way into Spirit after the big drop; but the tops of the hills in any of the bigger climbs are starting to get slippery in the mid afternoon so be careful out there. After we got home the ProClimb got cleaned, polished one last time and put to bed. See all you McBride peeps next season. Thanks for another great winter!!! :beer::beer:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone find my googles and gloves going up to renshaw? I found one of my gatorade bottles going down but that was it. Fawking googles had one day on them.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our Father, who art on mountain
Himark be thy name
may snowfall come
on mountain peeks and lower valleys
give us this day blue bird skies
and show us the way to abundant powder
and lead us not into avalanche conditions
but deliver us to eternal powder
for thine is the powder the slope and the glory
for ever and ever HIMARK

hey where have I see that before

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
That would be one of them. I heard someone saw one but didnt hear anything back.

Found it at the left corner at 14 when heading down the trail in the morning to the cabin. Pm me one day I can get you your glove but not worth much to you if you don't have the other one.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found it at the left corner at 14 when heading down the trail in the morning to the cabin. Pm me one day I can get you your glove but not worth much to you if you don't have the other one.
Yep your right. I loved those gloves but i guess it will be time for new ones next season. Around 14 is where I found my bottle of gatorade too lol.

Top Bottom