Apex Turbo Secondary EFI?

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows what PSI the secondary injectors come on at and if it can be tested without the sled running? Sled is a 2007 MCX rear mount, its a new to me sled and it seems to be running on 3 cylinders idles rough wont rev past 9000!? I'm changing spark plugs and have tested for boost leaks and exhaust gaskets seem ok. 9-10 PSI is all it will make shouldn't be around the 12-14 psi its the 260 or 290 MCx kit!?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same boost problem with my 06 MCX apex.....one of the 4 donuts on the exhaust manifold was leaking.....I couldnt even hear it when I checked the first time......and as for the running on 3 cylinders.....mine was a dirty injector, been told this is a common problem.....I didnt change it, but put some seafoam in the tank and with in a few miles it was great.....I think it is injector # 4 that always has an issue.......just mix up a strong batch of gas and seafoam..... and start it up and idle it for 10 mins.....shut it off and let it sit over night.......fire it back up and it should be good to go if it is a dirty injector.......only costs you $10 to try! just my 2 cents on how I fixed mine!

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
Well seems like the 3 cylinder thing is fixed plug holes in valve cover had alot of water in them from the last owner that choose to run the sled with next to no hood, the plugs that came out were rusty looking alot like a boat anchor...lol. Now I have to solve the code 20 that flashes now and again it says its intake air pressure anyone have any thoughts on how to make that go away I tried cleaning up the sensor!?
Thx

Last edited:
Top Bottom