apex riding

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have a 07 apex I bought 3 weeks ago, road with a guy with a xp this weekend what a rider. He said he rides with his feet in the sterups all the time even when he's climbing. I need to adjust the handle bars on my sled to ride that far forward to see if it works for me. Is their anyone out their with a apex that can give me any advice on where my feet should be placed to help give me the best balance on my sled in deep snow, boon docking or hill climbing. Right now I put my feet back to do any climbing and put my body over the handle bars to keep the front end down. I don't know if it's the best way to climb and to shift my weight around on a climb because I want to start to ride in the trees more and the way I ride now I can't shift my body fast enough to be in a tree area.
Thanks Guys

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get it turbo'd and you can then put your feet anywhere you want....LOL

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good advice mach if he turbos it he wont have time to worry about his feet pull the trigger and go

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With a rider forward chassis like the xp it is a lot easier to stay forward in the stirrups as that is the pivot point. Same with the Nytro, I find I can stay in the stirrups a lot more on my Nytro than I ever could on the Apex. You can ride the Apex in the stirrups but the chassis will never react as quickly as the xp or Nytro as the mass of the sled is out in front as opposed to between your knees and you have to adjust position to balance the sled. Depending on your size it is easier to control if you move your body position, learn to finesse the sled as opposed to muscling it.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do nothing but tree riding and here's what I have found that helps:

CE track 2.5" paddles

dump the sway bar

2wheel rear axel

set the front springs as soft as you can stand it. It slows me down on rough trails as the front end bottoms out but makes the sled more responsive to input.

Riser - I've added 4" but this depends on your hieght. I use a rox pivot riser so I can put the bars a little forward.

Yes, counter steer is your friend for side hilling and tight button turns. Opposite foot in your footwell can really help in tight turns/sidehills.

If your pointed up hill then, no there's no reason to shift from one side to the other but as soon as you get off camber in tight trees your going to be all over those running boards (on any sled).

Can't help with the hillclimbing as I don't do much, I may move as far back as mid board but that's about it.

Practice, practice....and those front a-arms can take a lot of abuse!

Top Bottom