Apex Guidance Please

big_water

Reaction score
I have an 08 40th Long track Apex - Not mountain with electronic suspension

1) Slides Seem to Run Too Dry:
-I have loosened the track some (according to spec more or less) and installed 5 mm larger bogeys (6 wheels)
-The Yamaha auxiliary (for dry conditions) wheel Yamaha sells for the Apex does not fit (it's for the Venture - two dealers confirmed)
-I'm going to use harder slides (silicon I think)
-I already have snow scratchers
-My bomby 1995 will run on almost no snow and the slides are fine!!! What's the deal Yamaha?
-Any suggestions?

2) Track Howl / Drive Train Noise
I find the Apex very loud under 70k an hour (45 MPH)
-I was suggested to put metal clips on ALL of the track rather than what's there (1 every two) by a Venture owner
-Is this possible?
-The challenge I have is that every other clip should be almost 2.5 inches long - this does not look like it will bend around the path of the track like the smaller clips
Help Please...

3) Exhaust Donuts (gaskets or whatever you call them)
Seems like the Y pipes are at risk of cracking if these exhaust donuts are not changed every year. The Y pipes are about $300 CDN each so this sparked some of my interest.
Any feedback appreciated...

4) All To Reduce Friction
The arms that raise the track to clear the electronic Ohlins monoshock are made of plastic in half-moon shape. This is better than the 07 model where the track would wear out the monoshock ($2,000 +). What I don't like about This is that this is plastic against rubber -
-more noise
-more friction
-and another part to replace periodically
Is there a wheel kit for this or should I take the time to fabricate one?

Happy with the Apex just the small stuff really gets to me for the price of this machine.

Any help / feedback greatly appreciated.

Steph Quyon Quebec Canada

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a stock Apex MTX exhaust system for sale if you need one!

Top Bottom