Apex Build

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys, this is a totally stock sled other than sly dog ski's and clutching/gearing

What next?

looking at timber sled front and rear suspension and under seat exhaust

What can you suggest for suspension and under seat exhaust??

cheers :beer:

Attachments

• sled flip.jpg
    sled flip.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 188

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a few other options out there for front suspensions: MPI, Hartman. I think timberbar is the lightest but there is something to be said for have a dozer blade front end if you do a lot of tree riding. I've replaced 1/2 a bulkhead but I have not replaced an a-arm yet!

Ditto for options on rear suspension plus kmod,holtz. I've heard good things about the kmod.

A few other things you can do to ditch weight:
Cheap to Free: ditch the rad, rack, sway bar, parking brake (replace with MPI brake), port track, 2 wheel kit, replace drop brackets (Kmod used to make a nice set).

I found porting the track helped it spin easier, you don't save much weight (1-4lbs depending on how many holes). I know I hit the rev limiter more often after drilling.

I also found the 2 wheel kit made the tail end of the skid easier to bring around. Maybe the track is rolling or flexing, I don't know but the skid felt shorter. You don't save much weight (maybe a pound).

Pricier: boss or Mountain Mod seat, aftermarket hood to delete light (or make a fabric hood), exhaust (considered the Excell?).

I thought about doing an under tunnel exhaust but have heard a lot of conflicting reports.

Got a Camoplast Extreme track yet? Any paddles left on your Maverick?

There's a few ideas for you.

Good luck,

Shawn.

Top Bottom