Anyone work for Encana?

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious what kind of company they are to work for. I have heard good things but only through the grape vine, so I would appreciate any first hand input.

Thanks.

duramaxdan

Reaction score
i dont work direct for them. i run a picker truck and do lots of work from them. they are a top notch company around here up to date and always pay right away dont know if this helps you any

dan

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious what kind of company they are to work for. I have heard good things but only through the grape vine, so I would appreciate any first hand input.

Thanks.

I have done alot of sales in Calgary and got to know quite a few engineers at Encana and they all seem pretty happy there. They don't seem to to move on to other companies very often. Hope this helps.

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, X3, work in and amongst the same gas field in gc, really like their guys, seems like a good group

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im a drilling consultant for encana in southern ab. and wouldnt work anywhere else, working on year #4 with these guys and yu bet top notch outfit and saftey is first .upstream operations in calgary is excellent to work with and a great support team.:ThumbsupMsn:

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure lets here it on :news:second thought i could care less !!!, im sure there a few sore feelings out there but they have been good to me and provide employment in large numbers in my local area which in turn is stability in the community and thats all that i care about at this time !!! funny how people talk like the oilfield isnt that big until 1/2 of ab and sask patch people arnt workin and then the reality sets in the patch $$ is needed .
oh ya my kids also like the skating rink and pool that encana has provided for us i have not seen gm, ford , dodge,walmart or burger king ect. ect. pitch in yet ...but no b****ing about them .... :chatterbox::
just my opinion !!! ;)

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
sure lets here it on :news:second thought i could care less !!!, im sure there a few sore feelings out there but they have been good to me and provide employment in large numbers in my local area which in turn is stability in the community and thats all that i care about at this time !!! funny how people talk like the oilfield isnt that big until 1/2 of ab and sask patch people arnt workin and then the reality sets in the patch $$ is needed .
oh ya my kids also like the skating rink and pool that encana has provided for us i have not seen gm, ford , dodge,walmart or burger king ect. ect. pitch in yet ...but no b****ing about them .... :chatterbox::
just my opinion !!! ;)
ya.... that was built with community in mind.... hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Glad they are good to you..... Always remember it aint Encana that is good to you, it's thy drilling engineer that you are working for.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey imsick,i am the drilling engineer and we all are adults here and ya i no they are a buisness but thankfully community relations is also part of the buisness at this time in my area:d

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
hey imsick,i am the drilling engineer and we all are adults here and ya i no they are a buisness but thankfully community relations is also part of the buisness at this time in my area:d
im a drilling consultant for encana in southern ab. and wouldnt work anywhere else, working on year #4 with these guys and yu bet top notch outfit and saftey is first .upstream operations in calgary is excellent to work with and a great support team

Being an engineer changes nothing.... Are you an employee or a consultant?
One is taken care of by the company and the other by the company man he works for.

I am allowed to have my own opinions of things that are out there, and I never said anything about your opinion until you invited it. Like em all you want and defend them, your choise. I will not support them or their "ways". Thats my choise.

Thet are not the only game in town and not everyone must bow to the mighty Encana.... And if you want to know where it comes from.... I got in way more than 4 years with them..

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am a consultant for them (answer to the question earlier) bottom line is we all have opinions that revolve around our personal agenda and experience they must have rubbed you the wrong way or directional drilled into your field or somethin . the pay keeps comin in for me and the other other 135 men working on the 9 rigs in my area + all service hands over and above +completions and construction , mud men, bit hands ,water haulers +,+,+. and realy thats what matters :stability employment and income , encana is a buisness and thats it ,its not a wellness center for the broken harted or drop in center for a pat on the back :nono:no different than tim hortons or any where else...
the real world seams so mean out there hahaha!!!!!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

Thanks.

Feel any more informed yet???Or you getting ready for popcorn?:d

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
I'm happy for you and your +, +, +..... lucky for them, I put them to work when Encana shuts the doors because they run out of budget or are trying to send a message....

things they didn't teach in school!!!!

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you do, you think you can employ these men and pay there familys way like encana has now thats even funnier than where this is all going . you must be high or on the bottle no wonder we directional drilled into your field:d

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
ya... you are right.... good call.... I'll go back to my fields now with my crack pipe.

Typical Encana atitude...... Sorry to see it!!!!!

I guess it is wrong to have an opinion other than that approved and handed out by Encana!!!!

All yours swabby...... although I don't agree with your opinion, I wish the best for you there.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
what do you do, you think you can employ these men and pay there familys way like encana has now thats even funnier than where this is all going . you must be high or on the bottle no wonder we directional drilled into your field:d

Just one more question...... and I will quit posting here...

Is the above bold sentence implying that if you don't work for Encana, you don't get payed as well, don't work, or that there is no possible way that I can be involved in any company that can possibly afford to pay anybody as well as Encana can???

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
truley the best to you also ,i said it be 4 we are all adults and its a tough buisness ,here today and gone tomorrow just like the oil companies and services they use ,im just glad im working rite meow when lots of people are not and we all need that sort of stability whether it s in the patch or whatever ,encana has provided me that
buy the way im not an encana speaker i support who ever cuts the cheque and supports me . thats where my encana attitude comes from .
as a field consultant i do not see or deal with a lot of the issues you or other people may see . we just dig holes out here and get paid and its been good so far. :beer:

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
well said... including the super troopers pitch, just 9 more!!!!

Like I said..... hope things stay busy for you and you keep steady to make it through this.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actualy no encana is not highest paying outfit we are famous for lowballing every1 ,my buisness unit has continuous ongoing drilling programs i have only been down for break up and weather but like i said we work steady where as other companies drill prodjects which eventualy run out of money and shut down , pay less and work you more thats the encana way sucks in away but we work continuosly whitch rocks :d

Top Bottom