Anyone using an Ipod Touch? They're awesome

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an 8gb ipod touch about a month ago and after jailbreaking it, it's a great piece of technology. The company I work for has blocked all home/internet email access so now I just go for a walk at lunch and there are lots of unsecured wi-fi's nearby. The extra apps and games you can get after jailbreaking makes this purchase worth it. Plus, I found some software that will convert a DVD to the video format that the ipod uses. I have 5 full length movies now and still have 3gb to spare. There's a button to go straight to youtube which I use a lot now to learn songs on the guitar. I take it anywhere in the house so I don't bother anyone. I used to have to lug my laptop around.
I thought I would share in case anyone is thinking of buying one.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe Summitrics son has one, he seems to really like it as well.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I believe Summitrics son has one, he seems to really like it as well.

YUP, HE LIVES ON THE THING... BUT NOW ITS THE GRAND THEFT AUTO IV TAKING OVER HIS LIFE... IPOD TOUCH CLOSE 2ND, THEN WORLD OF WARCRAFT AND THEN HALO III ........ WHAT A LIFE??? INDOORS MOST OF THE DAY TODAY, CONSIDERING IT WAS SUCH A NICE DAY OUT!!! I THINK HE HAS 15 FULL MOVIES DOWN LOADED AT PRESENT AND ABOUT 2000 SONGS ON THE IPOD TOUCH???

Anthony

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YUP, HE LIVES ON THE THING... BUT NOW ITS THE GRAND THEFT AUTO IV TAKING OVER HIS LIFE... IPOD TOUCH CLOSE 2ND, THEN WORLD OF WARCRAFT AND THEN HALO III ........ WHAT A LIFE??? INDOORS MOST OF THE DAY TODAY, CONSIDERING IT WAS SUCH A NICE DAY OUT!!! I THINK HE HAS 15 FULL MOVIES DOWN LOADED AT PRESENT AND ABOUT 2000 SONGS ON THE IPOD TOUCH???

LOL

Ric, you pretty much just summed up the life of all Males ages 15-17! Haha
Gotta admit, GTA IV is a pretty good game. :D
I have about 150 Movies downloaded presently and about 10,000 songs! (I DJ)
It's pretty crazy what you can do with technology these days!
Just wait until the iPhone comes out, its basically the iPod Touch on Steroids with phone and text message capabilities!

Nuckn'Futz

Reaction score
I have the ipod touch, and it's awesome. I too have about 10000 songs downloaded, and 100 movies.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dragging this thread out of the cellar. I bought an iPod touch and also have a 4GB Nano. I have songs on my Nano that are deleted from my computer, so they wont transfer over to my new touch, all the songs I have saved on my computer just transferred automatically.
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the songs that didnt transfer of my old iPod on to my new one without downloading them all over again?

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cucu soft is a great software for converting dvd's to ipod format.....they also have another program that will take music off an Ipod back to any computer......that makes life great for sharing music

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dragging this thread out of the cellar. I bought an iPod touch and also have a 4GB Nano. I have songs on my Nano that are deleted from my computer, so they wont transfer over to my new touch, all the songs I have saved on my computer just transferred automatically.
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the songs that didnt transfer of my old iPod on to my new one without downloading them all over again?

You need an ipod manager or some such. Ephpod works. It allows you to pull from the old ipod.

As for the subject at hand, I never would have thought I would need ALL of my music with me when I am out and about, but after getting used to it, I don't think I could live without my ipod. For the record, its an 80 gig.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how easy is Ephpod to use? is it a free program?
I downloaded this program and it didnt work for me. any other suggestions?

Philster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pitbulll.webs.com

Sounds like problems in paradise .Must be a Typical Father & Teen age Son thing.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find my battery dies super quick don't get much play time out of it...but great when its going!! love it

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im hopin to get one real soon, i love being able to go on the internet with them

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone, and my life would NOT be complete without it! It's 2 high tech devices in one, my cell phone (my lifeline) and my music (my passion)!!!

Sometimes I get lame reception in the booneys but other than that i wouldnt trade it for anything!! (except maybe my old blackberry and a new bigger iPod touch lol)

Top Bottom