Anyone Try The "Geo" Mod?

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about doing the geo mod I read on snowest.I have the swiss cheese (09-11) style rails and Im kinda skeptical about the integrity of the rails and tunnel after you drill the new holes. Anyone try this mod on these style of rails? I am not sure what to think about lowering the front arm either but apparently it works awesome.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was done on my 11 HCR when I bought it, I am not sure if it was the relocate or the harder track but that was a way better handling, less trenching sled than my 11 standard.

Jayste

Reaction score
I did mine 2yrs ago, not sure if it helped the trenching, but sure made a big difference on the rough trails and whoops.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did this Mod 09 M8 153” I never dropped the front down, just the 2 rear adjustments (4) drill holes and soften all shocks & 5 threads on the front spring. I have few rides on it now, hit one real bad trail, yes definitely took the bumps & hits way better. Best is to tune the shocks for weight when the tunnel is loaded up with snow after riding for a bit. I did notice a difference in the ride way better and as far as trenching seamed the same but turning the power claw in sugar snow hard to tell so have to see next ride out in different conditions, so far happy with it! I did not have time to look or fab up the aluminium bump stop spacers at the bottom rear so I found Teflon bump spacers at "Lowe's" something like $3.00 pack of (2) drill them larger make them snug bang them on with a mallet, so far so good!

ModM8.jpg

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did this Mod 09 M8 153” I never dropped the front down, just the 2 rear adjustments (4) drill holes and soften all shocks & 5 threads on the front spring. I have few rides on it now, hit one real bad trail, yes definitely took the bumps & hits way better. Best is to tune the shocks for weight when the tunnel is loaded up with snow after riding for a bit. I did notice a difference in the ride way better and as far as trenching seamed the same but turning the power claw in sugar snow hard to tell so have to see next ride out in different conditions, so far happy with it! I did not have time to look or fab up the aluminium bump stop spacers at the bottom rear so I found Teflon bump spacers at "Lowe's" something like $3.00 pack of (2) drill them larger make them snug bang them on with a mallet, so far so good!

View attachment 165623

Thanks man. I think I am gonna have a hard time finding those spacers. We only have a rona and home hardware and they dont have sh*t! I have read that lowering the front down really helps bring the front of the machine up onto the snow and wheelie when hard on the throttle (which is what im mostly after) but hard to steer at the same time. I am going to drill the front holes and try it. If i dont like it I will just put it back up to the stock hole. No one has mentioned anything about the tunnel cracking or having any problems with that extra hole.

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the mod 2 years ago, works awesome. Just don't forget to install anti stab kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing this mod for awhile now, might have to get off my but and try it.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the specs on the new holes again? The top ones are like 10mm up and forward and the bottom ones were 12 mm forward and 5 mm down or something (just enough for the bolt to clear the rail?)

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom