Anyone running a timbersleds intake kit

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a link to the kit:
Timbersled Products, Inc.

i was wondering if anyone has installed anything like this. it is baically 2 cone filters with pre filters on. this frees up air flow under the hood plus helps alot in the deeps snow because there is no filter exposed to plug. i want to know if the kit works good or not. also is there rejetting needed to be done? or does anyone have any other suggestions on what to do? any input would be appreciated.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
by the way i am running a 2009 summit xp 800x

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ve got it on my xp,with no complaints,,just make sure ur exhaust doesnt leak and ur golden..frees up tonnes of room under the hood,I had to clicker down 1 position,so that there tells u its makin a bit more power,,,no u dont have to rejet...

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have ran them on two sleds and no problems. Some say throttle responce will suffer but haven't had that problem. You will get a little more under hood heat being used for the intake if you don't have quite abit venting .
Doesn't plug like the stock intake in the deep. I give it the thumbs up IMO.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok sooo on here i have been getting nothing but good feed back on the timbersled intake. however, i just got off the phone with the guys at specialtysleds.com because i was looking for pre-filter to close up all openings on my hood and he said that he removes more timbersled intakes then anything. he said you get a huge bog from it and people have had nothing but problems. i mean you would get a bit of a bog from the heat but the kits come with a side vent right where the cones are so i dont see why you should get alot of heat. has anyone experienced any of this "bog"?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe with stock motors as have not ran one my self that way. But know couple others that run them and haven't had any trouble. Adjust air screws and have the venting and should be good.
Maybe put something in the classified wanted! and you may pick kit up cheap. Just a though if lots of peeps are taking them off.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had one on my 860 and it was an awesome intake I ran the intake before I did the 860 kit and it worked well! I would say put the intake on it is a noticeable power gain and frees up a ton of room and some weight on those sleds. I'm waiting for a similar intake mod to come out for my etec thats how much I liked that timbersled kit. also had it on my m7 but the intake spot on the m7's are retarded and extra snow would just pack up in the hole were the plastic intake box was and freeze the filters (arctic cat stupid design not a timbersled flaw).

Solar6402

Reaction score
I have been running one on an 08 xp, had to re jet but after that it has run perfect for 1500km with more power (noticeably) than before and zero choling due to deep pow....that was a big problem before the Timbersled intake. If you don't re jet you won't get it to run the way it should (at least on my sled).

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what did u rejet to???
I have been running one on an 08 xp, had to re jet but after that it has run perfect for 1500km with more power (noticeably) than before and zero choling due to deep pow....that was a big problem before the Timbersled intake. If you don't re jet you won't get it to run the way it should (at least on my sled).

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we seen one last year, and he was having issues, i wanted to try it as well, but have no issues with stock box and a mod done

Ekim

Reaction score
I had issues with the stock air filter/box. Put on the Timbersled and have not had any issues since. I have lots of aftermarket vents and did not have to rejet. I also do not have the "bog" reported by some. Since the kit I have added other mods, Heads, reeds, etc and still working good. IMO go for it.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so a follow up on what i did. I went with the timbersled intake and very happy i did. i took it for a little ride and noticed the throttle is crisp and responds "now". another thing i like about it is that it opens up soooo much space under the hood which should allow for better cooling. the main reason i am happy i took it to my local deal to install is because i an new to sleds and last ride out a heard a loud clunk. turns out my mag side bearing blew on my crank. they caught it early enough to replace rather then dropping in a new engine. so my intake install and clutch cleaning turned into a $2000 bill lol. but at least it was caught down here and not in the backcountry.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any idea where to get a good deal on just the pods? Kit seems a little expensive for what is there.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On ebay u can buy just the pods but I think your better off getting the kit. In the kit you get the headlight mount(once your stock air box is gone you won't have mounting brackets for your headlight), you get a vent kit that closed up stock air filter hole plus opens a new hole for the pods to breath, you get the filter shield that has mounting holes for your air senson and pressure sensor which you need to have mounted. All in all the kit is worth the extra 100.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or u can buy the pods only off timbersled but like zenk said ur better off gettin the full kit,,,maybe put up a thread on here lookin for a kit or check kijiiji...i got mine used for 80 bucks 3 years ago,,

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also if you just mount pods without some support on the carbs they will be sitting on the bulk head.
This will put added strain on carb boots.
Like was suggested put wanted as I think there seems to be afew people that have taken them off.
Spend the extra!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran this kit for one ride and took it off immediately. Sled ran like crap. Made all of the recommended changes and had lots of venting. Sucking in that warm under hood air (even with tonnes of venting) felt like I had lost 10hp.

Just my experience.

Top Bottom