anyone run a PC5 map that wasn't for the dealer ECU reflash?

754bigbore

Reaction score
I am putting a slp single on my 09 800 rmk. I have a power commander 5 and am running a map from dynotech that was made for the first revised flash after the dealer update was done. I bought a used slp single in great shape and the fellow sent me a 162 hp stoutner map made for this setup but it says on the map page that it is made for an engine with the update done.( I would understand this to be for the ECU reflash done at the time of the engine update) I have the revised flash after the reflash that was done with the update. Anyone ever run a map not tailored for the ECU reflash? I am going to try and get ahold of the guy I bought the pipe from but thought I would just throw it out there. I know I could probably get the dealer to reflash the ECU back to what I need also.

PS. I put the fix kit in last spring and don't want to get rid of my sled anymore !! well worth it.

Thanks

98670X

Reaction score
You should e mail SLP and ask them for there map, tell them what you have and what altitude you ride and if you have any goodies theyll send you a map.
I think there is a difference between the dynotech and slp. Slp does real world tuneing and testing, as dynotech does sea level dyno runs. I have the 157 and 162 hp from DT and what ever the one that slp sent me and i find the slp one to be alot cleaner running.

754bigbore

Reaction score
Yeah from what I gather from the website they only have the 2 maps for the 800 rmk/dragons....I ran the 157 hp and the fix kit last april and was outclimbing stock 800 pro's! Jim at dynotech verified it would work and it did. I did send him an email about the stoutner map last night, guess I'll wait and see what he says....thanks for the reply!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah from what I gather from the website they only have the 2 maps for the 800 rmk/dragons....I ran the 157 hp and the fix kit last april and was outclimbing stock 800 pro's! Jim at dynotech verified it would work and it did. I did send him an email about the stoutner map last night, guess I'll wait and see what he says....thanks for the reply!
The Stoutner 162hp map is for the original 08 polaris fuel map.I talked to Jim about it when setting mine up,slp pipe and y,the thing can,09 polaris head,the fix kit and the original 08 fuel map.Will be trying it out tomorrow.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm using the Stoutner 162hp map but still have the newest ecu flash. Seems like its running a little rich and idles low.But goes like stink when it's to the bar. I think I will get the original flash put back in and try the SLP map. See how that works.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Stoutner 162hp map is for the original 08 polaris fuel map.I talked to Jim about it when setting mine up,slp pipe and y,the thing can,09 polaris head,the fix kit and the original 08 fuel map.Will be trying it out tomorrow.
Well put on 50 miles yesterday and the 800 ran perfect.The first 40 miles rode it easy as it was a fresh engine but the last 10 I did a few good hard pulls.We were at about 3500-3900ft and I had 74gr weights in it and was pulling 8100rpms.I switched to the stoutner map and rode a few miles and didn't notice much if any diff from the 08 polaris mapping,wasn't holding it wide open too long.The engine sounded crisp all day long even with all the oil that was premixed in the gas.Also I have the fix kit in but I'm runnig the 07-09 cat 800 pistons instead of the wiseco's.I sure hope it stays running like this sure was fun to ride.:D

754bigbore

Reaction score
Timbo, I have the same set up as you except for the head. I am using the updated head. You never had any problems with running rich with the stoutner map? I am not sure what map to run now. I just recieved a map from dtr Jim that is for the 2010 april reflash and slp pipe, but I will have to get the ECU reflashed first from the dealer and don't think I can get this done before I take off for the mountains. How do I go about installing a switch for the 2 maps? You then have to load both maps with the pc5 on the sled?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All you need is a toggle switch and some 18ga wire.Hook your pcv to computer and enable dual map feature,then you can load second map in pcv and send it to map 2.If you have a laptop you can hook it to pcv when it's hooked up to sled and check your toggle switch with the sled running.Also make sure your TPS is calibrated to your PCV,do this when laptop is hooked up with sled.

754bigbore

Reaction score
Taking the sled to the dealer tomorrow and getting the 08 flash done. I already loaded the 162 stoutner map and will see how this works. After the fix kit and the 157 map from dtr I was using 62 gram weights between 6-7000 feet at blue river last spring. Timbo- what weight do you think you'll need in the primary at elevation now? wow, 74's at around 4000' is pretty good! Is your secondary the stock team roller?

Minus40

Reaction score
Taking the sled to the dealer tomorrow and getting the 08 flash done. I already loaded the 162 stoutner map and will see how this works. After the fix kit and the 157 map from dtr I was using 62 gram weights between 6-7000 feet at blue river last spring. Timbo- what weight do you think you'll need in the primary at elevation now? wow, 74's at around 4000' is pretty good! Is your secondary the stock team roller?

From what I understand the 08 and original 09 mapping may have less timing than the updates. I think they took compression out with the updated head and compensated with more timing to try and keep near the original power output. So the updated head and less timing may not make the power you are looking for. Something to check into.

754bigbore

Reaction score
Minus 40, thats good to know. I was just going by how Timbos performs, but he does the original higher compression head. I did get a map from Jim at dynotech for the slp single and he said I would need the latest flash- April of 2010. Maybe this is the way to go for my setup. Would be nice to find an original stock head, but I imagine they will be in demand as more and more of the fix kits go in these sleds!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled has always pulled big weight in the clutch that is why I use adjustable weights.Secondary is stock with 3 delrin washers in it,1 under spring cup,1 in the spring cup and 1 in the helix.I also run teflon washers in the primary on each end of the spring to take out the coil bind in the spring.I hope to pull 66g's up high but the adjustables are easy to take weight out.These motors like lots of weight in the primary.

Minus40

Reaction score
Minus 40, thats good to know. I was just going by how Timbos performs, but he does the original higher compression head. I did get a map from Jim at dynotech for the slp single and he said I would need the latest flash- April of 2010. Maybe this is the way to go for my setup. Would be nice to find an original stock head, but I imagine they will be in demand as more and more of the fix kits go in these sleds!

You might have to dig a bit to find some one who would know for sure on the timing thing. I know DTR was doing this as posted in the members dyno reports.
From what I can tell there is not that big of a difference in the fueling between the jan and april flashes. they are still both lean in the mid and rich on top. I know of people running pcv maps made for other flashes with no problems, they just pick the one they like best.
If I was you I would start with an slp map and go from there. Actually I would copy the slp map and add a few percent to the numbers just to be on the safer side in case the fix needs a bit more fuel. Then you can dial it in.
Phone dealers for the head, any dealer that has been around for a few years has this stuff kicking around.

754bigbore

Reaction score
Doed anyone know how many flashes there were since the dealer update? I currently have the first flash after the update was done. Was that the Jan 2010 one?(not the one done with the update but the next one after):confused:

Top Bottom