Anyone riding G4 with no sway bar links?

parthunter

Reaction score
Considering riding with no sway bar links to protect the bulkhead from breaking when hitting a rock. Anyone riding with no links? Any suspension setup needed? I ride off trail 90% , mountain and trees but a rough trail may happen too.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a bit slower on the trail and I'm sure you'll be fine. I have heard they're a little wild in the corners compared to an XM with no link

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Considering riding with no sway bar links to protect the bulkhead from breaking when hitting a rock. Anyone riding with no links? Any suspension setup needed? I ride off trail 90% , mountain and trees but a rough trail may happen too.

I have ridden all my XM's with no sway bar connected and had no problem in the trees nor on the trail. Some people reported having issues on the trail at high speeds. I am not a high speed driver so had no problem on the trails/moguls.

I am taking the quick release off our G4's today and when the weather warms up we will test them out. IMO, they are going to be even more responsive!

mtnmike

Reaction score
first post here guys
have 190miles on my 165x3
pulled sway bar assembly after first ride
no major impacts but rides good and is
a beast @ side hills

Kakwasledder

Reaction score
I took mine out and like it better in the powder. Seems easier to control. Pitches a little on the trail in the corners though. I did tighten the spring one number.

parthunter

Reaction score
Thanks for encouraging me , took them off and it feels softer and even easier to ride! I have tightened the springs 2 numbers but it was too stiff , one and a half is perfect , great in powder , sidehilling , no issues on trail.

AP48379

Reaction score
Took my sway bar linkage off and wow! big difference so much easier to side hill, way less effort required. I took them off before on my previous XM but its way more noticeable on the Gen 4. Trail kind of sucks but worth it up in the trees!.

Rulonjj

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just an oddball but I hated my 850 with the swaybar unhooked.

Arkkarin

Reaction score
I took mine off for my last trip. Definitely a lot more sway on the ride up. Had to take the corners slower but once i was in the powder i really liked it. Found the sled to be a lot easier to side hill. Turned my front shocks up from 1 to 3.

Might look into quick connects. Apparently they make them where they just click on and off. Not sure how comfortable i would be flat out across a lake around home without them on.

Top Bottom