Anyone own handguns

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So does anyone own handguns thinking of getting my unresticted gun licence.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have my unrestricted firearms license, but don't have a hand gun yet. Maybe this winter I'll invest in one.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to be that guy, but you need a restricted class PAL to legally purchase a handgun in Canada. Unrestricted class PAL only allows you unrestricted firearms ownership.
True. it was late last night. I have both restricted and unrestruicted.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got mine in the mail yesterday :) now its off to the store to shop, there is a guy on the northside of edmonton who does a great course and cheap too! pm me if you want details

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hate to be that guy, but you need a restricted class PAL to legally purchase a handgun in Canada. Unrestricted class PAL only allows you unrestricted firearms ownership.

Very true .... you need your unrestricted FAC first then there is an additional course for your restricted FAC. Both cost the same amount I believe. Dropped by the new Cabelas yesterday and they have a nice selection of handguns from 500 ish and up. Was thinking of picking up another one, they are alot of fun. You also need to belong to a gun club to be able to legally transport your handgun once you purchase it. Good luck!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both and had a Springfield XD 40 for a couple years, the novelty wore off and I sold it last year. It became almost a pain to own it, expensive to shoot (ranges mostly). If anyone's interested, I stil have a set of XS sight systems (24/7 Big Dot Tritium sights) fits a bunch of Sig models and Springfield models.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very true .... you need your unrestricted FAC first then there is an additional course for your restricted FAC. Both cost the same amount I believe. Dropped by the new Cabelas yesterday and they have a nice selection of handguns from 500 ish and up. Was thinking of picking up another one, they are alot of fun. You also need to belong to a gun club to be able to legally transport your handgun once you purchase it. Good luck!

Wrong sort of

You need to belong to a gun club to purchase you first restricted, you will then get your LTATT for your restricted weapons in the mail OR you can ask the CFC officer to fax it to you - for you novices that's Long Term Authorization To Transport. After that you can just go to the nearest range that has a drop in fee,.. usually around $20. I stopped paying the $180 range membership awhile ago and just do drop in now.

The LTATT allows you to transport anywhere in AB to an approved range, gunsmith or border crossing. DON'T let it expire or you will have to join a club all over again.

Last edited:

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ What he said. I've got a IWI .44mag and a HK45 in my collection. Kind of fun for plinking at the range every now and then. ammo isnt cheap, but i am not burning through a case every weekend either.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone in Edmonton wanna pick me up a box of .38 S&W I wanna buy from someone off outdoorsmen forum for $30? It's not a big purchase and there's a case of beer in it for you.

I wanna try to make it down this weekend but if I can't, I could use the help.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 9mm Glock 17 couple years ago. pretty nice little gun, can blow through a couple hundred rounds no problem without getting sore wrists. biggest pain is reloading the clips! next pistol will be a .357 double action revolver and then a .45.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a 9mm Glock 17 couple years ago. pretty nice little gun, can blow through a couple hundred rounds no problem without getting sore wrists. biggest pain is reloading the clips! next pistol will be a .357 double action revolver and then a .45.

I have had my 357 for over 20 years, the semi's are way more fun and the Ruger 22 is great cheap fun if you don't need to make a lot of noise. For the 357 geat a heavy frame model and they don't jump as much.

Top Bottom