Anyone make fire pits?

hedge

Reaction score
I want a steel fire pit for our seasonal campsite. Does anyone know anyone that makes them.

I've found a place in Okotoks but I'd like to see what else is available.

Ps, I'm in the Calgary area (Airdrie)

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want a steel fire pit for our seasonal campsite. Does anyone know anyone that makes them.I've found a place in Okotoks but I'd like to see what else is available.Ps, I'm in the Calgary area (Airdrie)
Yes a guy on the site does. Can't remember his name at the moment. I think he is from Drayton.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ponyboy on the site here does sweet pits. what ever design you want pretty much.
havent seen him on the site since the big exodus from the old server. pm him and seee what you get.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ponyboy on the site here does sweet pits. what ever design you want pretty much. havent seen him on the site since the big exodus from the old server. pm him and seee what you get.
That's the guy. I could not remember his name. He makes cool stuff

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey hedge ...... i haven't made 1 for awhile . by seasonal, do you mean permanent ? because some can be quite heavy ... what did you have in mind

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ponyboy on the site here does sweet pits. what ever design you want pretty much.
havent seen him on the site since the big exodus from the old server. pm him and seee what you get.
Yup Ponyboy is the guy you want to talk to for anything metal. And what exodus? This place is busier than......... NOT.

Marktaylor

Reaction score
Determine the size, shape and location of the fire pit. Take measurements (height, width and depth) to a stone yard and select the material for the project.
Palletized stone is a pallet of pre-sorted premium stone. It is more expensive but will save time because the stones are a more uniform size, shape and quality. Have the stone yard deliver the material to the project site.

Marktaylor

Reaction score
[h=3]Step 1: Purchase Stone[/h]Determine the size, shape and location of the fire pit. Take measurements (height, width and depth) to a stone yard and select the material for the project.
Palletized stone is a pallet of pre-sorted premium stone. It is more expensive but will save time because the stones are a more uniform size, shape and quality. Have the stone yard deliver the material to the project site.

[h=3]Step 2: Prepare the Base[/h]Hammer a piece of rebar directly in the center of the fire pit location. Cut a piece of string to half the length of the fire pit’s diameter. For example, if the completed fire pit is to be 5 feet wide, cut the string to 2-1/2 feet long.
Make a loop on one end of the string and slip it around the rebar. Loop the other end around a can of landscape spray paint. Mark the circumference of the circle. Excavate the area inside the paint to a depth of 6 inches.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have seen some of the pictures of Pony boys work and they look great...

We met these guys at the last farm fair in Edmonton, had them make some custom tables.... horse theme....they also make fire pits.....

Fire Pits

NORDIC

Reaction score
look on the web my uncle is located in Airdrie, he can build you what ever you would like

afraz1er

Reaction score
i use the outer ring (2 piece rim) from a massey ferguson tractor. it works great. 10" walls and about 25" diameter

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
I used 18" air tube from an old bin. It is perforated and the holes are small enough that sparks will not fly through, plus it gives off a lot more heat and light than a solid fire pit. I welded a square bottom on made out of 10 gauge. It is very light and seems to stand up to the heat very well.

Top Bottom