Anyone know who has screen kits in stock?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Phoned a half a dozen dealers today-nobody has the screen kit for the nose and other holes in stock. Riding in 3' of sugar and it would ingest snow enough so that the belt would slip. Snow piled up on top of the belt cover, and a couple inches deep all the way around the can too.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Phoned a half a dozen dealers today-nobody has the screen kit for the nose and other holes in stock. Riding in 3' of sugar and it would ingest snow enough so that the belt would slip. Snow piled up on top of the belt cover, and a couple inches deep all the way around the can too.
Call Corey at Mr. R's in Lethbridge. They have a few around. 1-800-752-8834

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I used duct tape... I forgot to get a pic, I was going to post on FB and tag SKI DOO mountain and thank them for the design lol

like why is it even an option the whole is bigger then my fist and I would sugest dealers start recomenmding them grab your up sell and make a few bucks order for every sled....

I assume everyone has covered them up for deep snow? after covering mine clutch was still black so something is hot or wet?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$115 for 2 screens seems like alot but when you can't find them you take what you can get. Called about 8 dealers in total-the last one being Turple's in Red Deer and Mr. R's was gonna be #9 but Turps had one left and was open till 9pm so I grabbed it. Everyone is sold and back-ordered. Guess this was a win for the accy. Dept at BRP and a fail for engineering.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$115 for 2 screens seems like alot but when you can't find them you take what you can get. Called about 8 dealers in total-the last one being Turple's in Red Deer and Mr. R's was gonna be #9 but Turps had one left and was open till 9pm so I grabbed it. Everyone is sold and back-ordered. Guess this was a win for the accy. Dept at BRP and a fail for engineering.

It's a 5 piece kit for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a sheet of frogzskinz for 40 bones and cut them to fit. I hot glued them on the backside of my RMK hood and light delete. Looks pretty good and way cheaper. Maybe this would be a little more cost effective for ya. The prices on some of these vent covers are crazy.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a 5 piece kit for that price.

It sure is. Finally opened mine up last night and threw it on and it is 5 pieces. Turple's guy said it was only two. Fits great, easy to install marked improvement over stock.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does a good job of keeping snow out.
Was riding with a xm that did not have the kit installed, his sled lots of steam, mine had none.

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought about buying the kit, but I'm just going to cut some fine screen and do my own. I've already rode it in 3.5 feet of pow out in Revy with no performance issues. Your front end does fill up with pow and turns into a big ice block though under the pipe though. I found about 2-3" of ice under my pipe when replacing front end parts. My sled does not live in a heated trailer or shop either.

McTwist

Reaction score
I think that all the holes the screen kit covers should have been stock from factory especially on an x model, just a way for brp to make more money. That being said their screen kit is really nice and has all the markings on the hood and grill to tell you where to drill the holes for them. I ended up getting an extra one from my dealer somehow in my accessories that I ordered so I got spares for when I poke a hole in one because I like riding in the buckbrush :d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that all the holes the screen kit covers should have been stock from factory especially on an x model, just a way for brp to make more money. That being said their screen kit is really nice and has all the markings on the hood and grill to tell you where to drill the holes for them. I ended up getting an extra one from my dealer somehow in my accessories that I ordered so I got spares for when I poke a hole in one because I like riding in the buckbrush :d

It shouldn't e offered from the factory because not everyone needs it and it will just get tacked onto the price. That being said its a good kit and have fun glueing crap to your brand new sled this kit is so easy to install and fits very nice.

McTwist

Reaction score
It shouldn't e offered from the factory because not everyone needs it and it will just get tacked onto the price. That being said its a good kit and have fun glueing crap to your brand new sled this kit is so easy to install and fits very nice.

Good point and yes totally correct the fit and finish of the kit is top notch I have been very impressed with all of brp's accessories.

Top Bottom