Anyone know of good sled wrecker that isn't on Crack

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As per title I'm looking for used sled parts and guy's I have talked to so far
are Insane on their pricing.I know everything isnt free and people are trying to make a living doing stuff, but I'm not paying 500 bucks for 1 part off of a 500$ sled.
Help me find parts please.....................

thread link is here(on my other post)https://www.snowandmud.com/polaris-gen-1-older-454/1997-indy-trail-488-fan-help-76701.html

Mid 90's 488 fan, I need a rotor and stator.Alot of 340's,440's 488's,500's and 600's
used the same stator Just the fan's had their own rotor with mounting bolts for the fan.
Thank's if anyone can help point a guy in the right direction.

Last edited:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to help you find the part if i don't know what your looking for just saying

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Threadkiller on this site owns, snowmobilerecyclers in DeWinton. Great guy to deal with

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best place I found for used parts was a guy out of Quebec yup Quebec I can pm you his email if interested
Cdi for the 670 to my door from him 175 all the wreckers around here. That had one were 300+

Best guy I have found in Alberta is crowdpleaser motorsports out Rimbey google it for his number

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I re-edited my original post so I could find the link to my Polaris gen 1 post.
Polaris online parts manuals dont show a part # for the rotor,or a part # for a
complete stator,just part#'s for everysingle part in the stator assembly.
Wrecker in Sask,that I found on Kijiji wants $500 for a used rotor and stator....
GULP...A whole non running 97 indy trail prob aint worth 500 let alone 2 little
pieces off of it.I'm trying to fix this thing for as little as possible. I'm not building
a race machine.

Last edited:

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you try ebay?? I've picked up lots of quad parts on there and all have been good!

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could check R&L cycle in saskatoon. I know they use to carry the older stuff, your sled may even be to new for what they have but give them a call.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found afew on ebay,some priced not too bad,others are 70% of new price.
Was hoping to find parts In canada and have the sled running to take the X's boy
sledding in 2 weeks.
Anyone have a non rebuildable 340,440,488,500 or 600 twin?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled parlor outa carstairs.

Landin is the guys name.

Can be a bit much for price but if he has it Ur good to go.

When he wrecks something its all rubber made bins ect.

Unlike the snowmobile heaven out side of rimbey. They suck. U have to look cause they have no idea.

from my HTC

Last edited:

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Al's snowmobile salvage in Gwynne(right around wetaskiwin)still going? Bought parts off him a few years ago, he had a bit of older stuff

crwdplsr

Reaction score
Have a 340 Indy Lite motor here I was planning to rebuild but if you need the stator I will sell it. Will be cheaper than anyone else. Mike, Crowdpleaser Motorsports. 1-403-704-0825

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will one out of a 97 XLT triple work? I've got one that's mostly parted out, you could have what you need for beer if it'll work...

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No,as far as I know The tripple was a different set up.Almost all of the twins had the same stator.
Even sea-doo's and cats used the same exciter and stator.Of course they had a different
wiring plug but the plate they were mounted on and the parts them selves were the same.
I got an Ignition control module,flywheel and complete stator from a guy in ontario(e-bay)
for $70 plus shipping.That was a very good deal.
Parts were from an 89 488 fan(1990-2000 had a different stator set up)Everyone I talked
to except one guy said that there was no way that a flywheel and stator off of an 89 would work on a 97 because they are a totally different set up.I thought its goda be worth a shot because if all of the blocks and cranks are the same then its possible they will work.The 89 Control module is a different part # as my 97 so I thought I should put all of the 89 parts on my block.Well,Im not 100% sure I got the timing in the exact same spot,but It fired on the first pull and everything works,so I am running and couldn't be happier.
Thank's for the Reply's guys and gal's

Top Bottom