anyone know of a good dual exhaust

whopper809

Reaction score
Looney Tune Exhaust or Muzzy both have duals and would be a step in the right direction. Both manufactures are very high quality and performance.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a liike new looney tunes dual set up off a floor model, smoking deal, call the shop on monday or email us through our website and ill fix u up, has about 1 hour of start up/run time in the show room..

T,

sorry ttpowersports.com

Last edited:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Muzzy and Ron Woods are the only ones that make power, the rest just make noise, IMO. If you don't want something loud but a small increase in power, grind the welds out of the I.D of you header tubes and put a tip on the stock muffler.

whopper809

Reaction score
I don't know about Ron Woods but Full header and muffler system Muzzy and Looney Tune Exhaust, both make big gains ,both can have quiet cores installed to keep noise down if needed, but you will lose some power with them in. Muzzy makes lower RPM power and LTE's make high RPM power. LTE's are also the best choise if you ever install a big bore kit, they have the largest header pipes in the market that let a BBK breathe. There is no way stock headers with a aftermarket tip will make as much power as a full after market system.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about Ron Woods but Full header and muffler system Muzzy and Looney Tune Exhaust, both make big gains ,both can have quiet cores installed to keep noise down if needed, but you will lose some power with them in. Muzzy makes lower RPM power and LTE's make high RPM power. LTE's are also the best choise if you ever install a big bore kit, they have the largest header pipes in the market that let a BBK breathe. There is no way stock headers with a aftermarket tip will make as much power as a full after market system.

Big gains? How many more HP do think the duals gave you?

whopper809

Reaction score
If where just talking Rhino's sorry I don't have one. I've got a Kawasaki KFX 700 stock HP is 32 at rear wheels with a Monsterpipe dual exhaust the HP went up to 38 dyno tested. Of course that included carb jetting and tuning to get it running right. I know of others with the same quad that saw a extra 1.5HP on the dyno with the Muzzy Pro system. I would say that's a pretty big improvement.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's just no way to get big bolt on power out of a 660 Rhino. A 686 or a bigger stroker motor will start to shine though. Muzzy's one of the only systems Todd at Hunterworks tested, that actually showed gains. Took it from 24.3 to 28.97, less than 5 Hp gain (CV locked out during dyno runs) Given retail on the Muzzy system is $799 USD, that roughly works out to $200/hp (CAD). Not including the air intake that generated about 2 of the above HP gains.

whopper809

Reaction score
Would changing cams see any HP gains in a rhino. Those HP numbers you show sure seem low for a 660, are they detuned that much compaired to the Raptor motor?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lot's of driveline loss in a Rhino compared to a Raptor. The engine is also tuned to get 1200 or so pounds of fat azz rhino moving as opposed to a 400 pound quad.
Cams along with head work and a little higher compression piston, exhaust/intake and a CDI will show a modest improvement.
Everytime someone asks me how my Rhino goes, I tell them "Like a 1300lb Grizzly".

rhinoefi

Reaction score
I have a 09 rhino 700 and I put on Dragon fire dual exhaust, I gained a little hp, only one thing is that when you are wide opened on the trails or road your ears get itchy from the loud roar that the exhaust puts out.

whopper809

Reaction score
I have a 09 rhino 700 and I put on Dragon fire dual exhaust, I gained a little hp, only one thing is that when you are wide opened on the trails or road your ears get itchy from the loud roar that the exhaust puts out.

Even with a helmet on? Guess you could use ear plugs :plugears:.

rhinoefi

Reaction score
no helmet on at the time , i went to the local muffler shop puchased some sweet talkers that fit inside the dragon fire cans , toned it down a little

ski-doo

Reaction score
HMF makes a dual exhaust for the rhino. Looks good and performs well.

Top Bottom