Anyone interested in Tuning for the VW TDI Diesels 2000-2015 models?

RapidRev

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rapidrevolutions.com
I know this isn't mud related but wasn't sure where else to post it lol. More for your daily driver and tow rigs for some of you.

I'm setup with KermaTDI and they have a new tuning unit for dealers that allows us to tune through the OBD port for 2000 to 2015 VW TDIs. So for all you guys getting the $500 credit from VW we can give you a much better tune and we will be able to do the DSP transmissions with the same unit. We can also reverse the tune for warranty and its free future tunes from Kerma if you do future mods like a DPF delete or injectors, etc.

The unit is pretty expensive $2500 so I wanted to see how many guys might be interested in tuning.

Before you had to send your ECU down to get programmed so you had shipping both ways and down time to deal with. Pricing is from $450 to $695 US depending on year and model.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you do any reprogramming for the turbo? I found on my 2006 and had it tuned that i was consistently over boosting and putting it into limp mode. As soon as it would hit 30lbs of boost got pretty good about shutting the car off while still moving and restarting..LOL

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What will it do for me , I got a 2015 and I'm getting almost 1200 km per tank right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RapidRev

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rapidrevolutions.com
My 2002 did the same thing when it hit high boost generally it can be fixed with one of few things. The Valve that controls the turbo could be malfunctioning. Or if you already have a program it may not of set the boost limit correctly. Or the sensor that senses the boost may only be a 2.0bar map (limit of 29 psi) and when it goes over 2.0bar the sensor doesn't know what to do. Replacing the sensor with a 3.0bar map (43.5 psi max) will fix that problem but you will need a custom program that understands the 3.0bar map. That's what we do on the 99.5 to 2004 I would assume the 2006 is the same thing.

The 2015 these programs are mostly meant for performance or deleting the DPF which deleting the DPF should help mileage and gain performance. Most programs gain 25 hp and 50ft lbs of torque on a factory engine for almost all the years. On the newer VWs with the DSP transmission lots of guys don't like how it shifts so that can be modified as well.

The biggest thing with the 2.0 engine is that VW is putting crappy reprogramming in because of the whole debockle of emissions, which is decreasing power and mileage. So with these tunes it fixes all that and increases performance and if you don't drive like a teenager after the programming you will still get amazing mileage. I have an 2001 with 200hp and 400ftlbs of torque and get 47mpg driving like a teenager because its too fun not to lol.

Top Bottom